“Excellent hotel, great stay, we will return”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We love this hotel; clean, front service agents very friendly and helpful. Fabulous decor, love the salt water fish tank! The location is incredible across is a wonderful mall with places to go to eat. We highly recommend the Bluewater Grill, seafood restaurant right across at North Harbor Drive. The room was ample and very quiet. We had a terrific view of the pool, jacuzzi and tennis courts. It also has a very convenient gym. Great place to travel with the Family! Highly recommended it and we will be back!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I just returned from the Crown Plaza after staying 7 nights. Our stay was very satisfactory, it just could have been so much better. We would certainly stay here again, it just wasn't as nice as it could have been

First the good.
We probably had the room with the best view in the hotel. Facing the Pier and the Pacific it was in the perfect location. We ran along Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach everyday because of the great location. The room had a small patio outside and was a very good sized room. The staff was very friendly, and the bed was pretty decent.

The not so good.
The pillows were horrible, small, square, and tall. Nothing like a bedroom pillow, more like a blown up couch pillow, and really uncomfortable. The TV was large, but the picture/reception was terrible. It was almost worthless, even while watching bright sporting events. A number of channels didn't work, it was just bad. No free wi-fi in the room is a pet peeve of mine. Finally the $25ish breakfast was decent, but not worth that cost.

I would stay here again, especially in a room with that view, it just could have been so much better.

Room Tip: Rooms directly facing the ocean, rather than the angled ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmeaney29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear bmeaney29,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights before departing on our cruise. They have the most friendly, helpful staff. The roons were very, very nice as they were completely rennovated recently. They were helpful is helping us select a tour for us during our stay. It is located near the beach and boardwalk and also many excellent places to eat. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay three days in Los Angeles before our long flight to Tahiti. We made accomodations at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina and we were expectionally pleased. The hotel staff from the bellman, the front desk, housekeeping, the resturant and everyone else were exceptional. The location was also very convinient to and from the hotel. I highly recommend this location as a vacation spot or a layover to break up a long trip.

Thank you again to the Hotel Staff! You are all doing a great job in making your quest feel welcomed and feel at home!

Ivelisse Rivera & Charlie Muniz

Room Tip: A room facing the front of the hotel is great as it has a view of the beach!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review, and for staying with us here in Redondo Beach. How was that trip to Tahiti? I hope you stayed at one of our beautiful InterContinental Hotels there, they are amazing!
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is definitely a hidden gem located near LAX with a beautiful sandy beach, bike/ped path, great collection of restaurants within walking distance! Our newly renovated room was clean, comfortable, spacious with a warm sophistication and had an amazing view of the marina and ocean. We definitely plan to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank r b

Many thanks for such a positive review! I look forward to having you here again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

If you take time to read you will see they went through some upgrades and construction. It looks like that ended in December '12 and there have only be Very Good to Excellent reviews since then. I didn't let them fool me and went. Very nice price for the location. Unfortunately it was foggy all week we were there but it was OK. I was there on work with my family. They have heated pool and hot tub and tennis court with lights. Lots of other amenities and a Mediterranean Grill called Splash. Priority Club members get some nice discounts there. Right across the street from the Marina with some decent restaurants. Also a whale watching tour right on the pier where we were lucky to see some celebrities including Tim Allen. And by the way, the rooms and all of the upgrades are beautiful. Very classy place and I felt like I was very important the way we were treated by the staff including the very friendly valet guys. Traffic sucks in LA but I would consider this hotel anytime I am back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank CaptainCovert
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Glad that you enjoyed your stay, including Splash Restaurant, the whale watching, and other activities. I will pass along your compliments regarding valet parking to the staff there.
Look foward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am from the area originally but live in Florida now. I travel back often. I usually stay at the Beach House but needed just a one night stay before heading to the airport in the morning. Didn't want to pay the higher rate for the Beach House just to sleep and head out early for LAX so chose CP. Good location across from the Marina. Just down the street from Captain Kids if you like fresh seafood. Service was good. Room was very nice. Bed very comfortable. My only complaint was the $23 to park overnight in the parking garage next to the hotel as they don't have their own lot. The Sunrise right across the street doesn't charge anything to park outside in their lot. I have stayed at the Sunrise and rooms at CP are much nicer. If I didn't mind spending the $ and wanted to be on the beach I would stay at the Beach House in Hermosa Beach but the CP was a good alternative.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank golfingmd

Thanks for your favorable review. We do charge for parking to help offset the cost of providing a covered, secure lot for our guests, and the rate is similar to other such facilities in the area.
Look forward to your next visit very much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!