1,333 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe club loungetennis courtsnice hotelruby's dinerstreet parkingocean viewself parkingcheesecake factorypool area issmall balconybike rentalupon checksanta monicafew blockslos angelesmarina
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Don't normally write on these things as I stay at a lot of hotels around the world paid for by work on a business basis, however after my last stay felt compelled to say a few words. Since the refit the rooms look fantastic - modern pastle colours and a great modern bathroom with lovely amenities provided, a massive improvement over what the rooms were like before. Spacious room opened onto private balcony, it's just a shame the usual Californian sun was hiding away on a grey and rainy few days! Slept well after a transatlantic flight, little or no noise from the corridoor despite ongoing renovation work. As always the staff were fantastic - saw 3 different reception staff, all of them were smiling and more than willing to assist, as was the fantastic lady running the concierge desk - commend them all. After staying both here and in Long Beach down the coast, I'd reccomend this hotel over any in the area for its staff, amenities and location - thanks for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Rooms looking over coast have fantastic view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank c_bradley90
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thanks for such a positive review! We have finished the guest room renovation, so all our guests will be treated to our new rooms now. I will pass on your compliments regarding the service we delivered, and in particular to our concierge Maria Elena Castillo.
Looks like you have stayed with us before, and we look forward to your next visit as well.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second stay here and this time we had one of the remodeled rooms. I must say that the remodel is extremely nice with great colors and a very nice look. However, it was also in progress all around us. Many workers to work around.

However, everyone was very nice and the hotel bent over backwards to make sure our stay was nice.

We even tried the restaurant one evening when we were too tired to go out. With no expectations, we were very impressed. Great service and great food.

The remodel is on-going, but if it continues as this trip, this Crowne Plaza will be a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Near the elevator to avoid a long walk!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2takepics

Thank you for your favorable review of your stay. I am glad that we did our best to minimize your inconvenience during the last phase of the renovation, and I am happy to report that we are completely done with the guest room renovation now! I will pass your compliment regarding our Splash restaurant on to our Food & Beverage team.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my 4th stay at this hotel and I would say it was the best. They are in the middle of remodeling. The results are attractive and better than previous. There is a bit of mess to work around as they continue with the remodeling, but they do their best to make it work well for all.

The location of this hotel is great: near the beach and marina. Many restaurants nearby. Great walking, running, biking possibilities abound.

Staff was universally helpful and friendly.

We had a free continental breakfast courtesy of Priority Club and it was excellent, as was the upgrade to hot breakfast for a small fee. Without the breakfast benefit, though, the price of breakfast would be amazingly high! If you don't have this benefit I imagine you can get much more value almost anywhere else.

Speaking of fees: this is probably my main gripe. There is a $23 fee for self-parking per day. If you are not receiving Priority Club benefits you will also pay for Internet access and breakfast. Be sure to keep these fees in mind as you compare to other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thanks for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay, and especially thanks for returning four times to stay with us. I value your opinion since you have history with us, and it is gratifying to see that the renovation has paid off in a better experience for guests.
Thank you also for your comment regarding the friendly service you received from our staff.
Regarding the parking and other fees, I understand your concern, but we do a survey of parking and other fees in comparable branded hotels in our market to make sure that ours are in line with the others.
Look forward to stay number 5 in the near future!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here in 2008 for a conference. Redondo Beach itself isn't the *nicest* area, but the hotel was nice. It was probably in need of a few updates, but was clean and nice enough. Typical Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a weekend getaway at this hotel and it was great! Renovations barely affected our stay and we had a great room with an excellent view! Staff was very friendly and helfpul. Lots of restaurants nearby. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very positive review! I am glad that the renovation did not have an impact on your stay and that you were pleased with the service from our staff.
We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.