1,334 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe club loungetennis courtsnice hotelruby's dinerstreet parkingocean viewself parkingcheesecake factorypool area issmall balconybike rentalupon checksanta monicafew blockslos angelesmarina
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second stay here and this time we had one of the remodeled rooms. I must say that the remodel is extremely nice with great colors and a very nice look. However, it was also in progress all around us. Many workers to work around.

However, everyone was very nice and the hotel bent over backwards to make sure our stay was nice.

We even tried the restaurant one evening when we were too tired to go out. With no expectations, we were very impressed. Great service and great food.

The remodel is on-going, but if it continues as this trip, this Crowne Plaza will be a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Near the elevator to avoid a long walk!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2takepics
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your favorable review of your stay. I am glad that we did our best to minimize your inconvenience during the last phase of the renovation, and I am happy to report that we are completely done with the guest room renovation now! I will pass your compliment regarding our Splash restaurant on to our Food & Beverage team.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my 4th stay at this hotel and I would say it was the best. They are in the middle of remodeling. The results are attractive and better than previous. There is a bit of mess to work around as they continue with the remodeling, but they do their best to make it work well for all.

The location of this hotel is great: near the beach and marina. Many restaurants nearby. Great walking, running, biking possibilities abound.

Staff was universally helpful and friendly.

We had a free continental breakfast courtesy of Priority Club and it was excellent, as was the upgrade to hot breakfast for a small fee. Without the breakfast benefit, though, the price of breakfast would be amazingly high! If you don't have this benefit I imagine you can get much more value almost anywhere else.

Speaking of fees: this is probably my main gripe. There is a $23 fee for self-parking per day. If you are not receiving Priority Club benefits you will also pay for Internet access and breakfast. Be sure to keep these fees in mind as you compare to other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thanks for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay, and especially thanks for returning four times to stay with us. I value your opinion since you have history with us, and it is gratifying to see that the renovation has paid off in a better experience for guests.
Thank you also for your comment regarding the friendly service you received from our staff.
Regarding the parking and other fees, I understand your concern, but we do a survey of parking and other fees in comparable branded hotels in our market to make sure that ours are in line with the others.
Look forward to stay number 5 in the near future!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here in 2008 for a conference. Redondo Beach itself isn't the *nicest* area, but the hotel was nice. It was probably in need of a few updates, but was clean and nice enough. Typical Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a weekend getaway at this hotel and it was great! Renovations barely affected our stay and we had a great room with an excellent view! Staff was very friendly and helfpul. Lots of restaurants nearby. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very positive review! I am glad that the renovation did not have an impact on your stay and that you were pleased with the service from our staff.
We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Check in was friendly and efficient. I was given a room with a room with a view, and to get to my room, you had to walk through the remodeling mess. My room was beautiful - it had just been renovated and for the most part, did an excellent job. The decor is great and the rooms are large, my biggest complaint is that the beds are harder than a rock. The view of the harbor is beautiful - and the balcony is great.
The bathroom wasn't spotless - I hate it when I find hair in the bathroom when I first check in.
The food is another problem.. The restaurant menu is very limited (The Waves) and it really needs renovating. You have to walk outside to get to the restaurant, which isn't far, but it is a really unusual set up.
The location is great, the pier is across the street as well as many restaurants.
I would stay again only if they did something about the beds.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

I am glad that overall you were happy with the new guest room and the decor. The beds are brand new, and the latest brand standard for Crowne Plaza, so I am concerned that you found them too hard. We can always provide addtional padding as necessary; please let us know when you come back again and we will accommodate you. I will follow up on the bathroom cleanliness you mentioned as well. Our Splash Restaurant is scheduled for renovation later this year, along with the bar and lobby area.
Look forward to your next visit!