“Improving” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Richmond
“Improving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my 4th stay at this hotel and I would say it was the best. They are in the middle of remodeling. The results are attractive and better than previous. There is a bit of mess to work around as they continue with the remodeling, but they do their best to make it work well for all.

The location of this hotel is great: near the beach and marina. Many restaurants nearby. Great walking, running, biking possibilities abound.

Staff was universally helpful and friendly.

We had a free continental breakfast courtesy of Priority Club and it was excellent, as was the upgrade to hot breakfast for a small fee. Without the breakfast benefit, though, the price of breakfast would be amazingly high! If you don't have this benefit I imagine you can get much more value almost anywhere else.

Speaking of fees: this is probably my main gripe. There is a $23 fee for self-parking per day. If you are not receiving Priority Club benefits you will also pay for Internet access and breakfast. Be sure to keep these fees in mind as you compare to other hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay, and especially thanks for returning four times to stay with us. I value your opinion since you have history with us, and it is gratifying to see that the renovation has paid off in a better experience for guests.
Thank you also for your comment regarding the friendly service you received from our staff.
Regarding the parking and other fees, I understand your concern, but we do a survey of parking and other fees in comparable branded hotels in our market to make sure that ours are in line with the others.
Look forward to stay number 5 in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here in 2008 for a conference. Redondo Beach itself isn't the *nicest* area, but the hotel was nice. It was probably in need of a few updates, but was clean and nice enough. Typical Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a weekend getaway at this hotel and it was great! Renovations barely affected our stay and we had a great room with an excellent view! Staff was very friendly and helfpul. Lots of restaurants nearby. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your very positive review! I am glad that the renovation did not have an impact on your stay and that you were pleased with the service from our staff.
We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Check in was friendly and efficient. I was given a room with a room with a view, and to get to my room, you had to walk through the remodeling mess. My room was beautiful - it had just been renovated and for the most part, did an excellent job. The decor is great and the rooms are large, my biggest complaint is that the beds are harder than a rock. The view of the harbor is beautiful - and the balcony is great.
The bathroom wasn't spotless - I hate it when I find hair in the bathroom when I first check in.
The food is another problem.. The restaurant menu is very limited (The Waves) and it really needs renovating. You have to walk outside to get to the restaurant, which isn't far, but it is a really unusual set up.
The location is great, the pier is across the street as well as many restaurants.
I would stay again only if they did something about the beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that overall you were happy with the new guest room and the decor. The beds are brand new, and the latest brand standard for Crowne Plaza, so I am concerned that you found them too hard. We can always provide addtional padding as necessary; please let us know when you come back again and we will accommodate you. I will follow up on the bathroom cleanliness you mentioned as well. Our Splash Restaurant is scheduled for renovation later this year, along with the bar and lobby area.
Look forward to your next visit!
Big Bear City, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach, is always our choice when staying in the South Bay. My husband and I have visited once or twice a year for the past five years (at least) and have never been disappointed. The accommodations have consistently exceeded our expectations and the staff are always so professional and helpful. On this visit, we were so pleased to be able to enjoy a newly remodeled room - they have done a beautiful job! The new color scheme of blues and browns complement the ocean theme perfectly. This was not merely a quick remodel, but everything in the room was replaced and upgraded. We noticed that they are still finishing up their construction on a lower floor, but the noise was very minimal and stopped by 5 pm. We were not bothered at all. In fact, I think I slept better during this stay than I ever have before!

The location is perfect for enjoying the many restaurants nearby (easy walking distance), the pier, strand, shopping, The Comedy Club, and all the South Bay has to offer.

The room had everything we needed for our stay: small fridge, coffee maker and coffee, ipod dock, well placed outlets for charging phones and computers, internet, flat screen tv, comfortable bed and chairs, quality linens, bathrobes, ocean view.... The pool and jacuzzi are always inviting, and having opportunity to use the gym next door is a plus.

We will definitely be returning for future visits and will always recommend Crowne Plaza to anyone staying in the South Bay.

Room Tip: The fifth floor, rooms 5006 or 5008 are our favorites with a view of the ocean and Palos Verde light...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

i had very relaxing stay here over the weekend. I had a beach side view which was absolutely beautiful. The service was excellent, the newly renovated rooms were very nice and immaculate. I was absolutely satisfied; not one flaw. I am definitely staying here again next time i come down here.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank S_doan38
Woodside, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

A friendly welcome and lovely lobby but the room and its location creeped us out a little. To get off the elevator to see a hallway strewn with construction debris didn't inspire confidence. And the room, described as one with a view, was laughable. I don't understand why anyone would be put on the2nd floor if other rooms were available. And $23 per day for parking in a dirty garage is ridiculous. And the spider in the bathroom was the last straw.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Muggo11
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that you were not assigned one of our newly-renovated guest rooms; the second floor where you stayed is the last one scheduled to be renovated. I agree with you that our occupancy during your stay should have enabled us to have given you a new room, and I am sure we could have moved you if you had brought it to our attention. I also apologize for the debris in the hallway and the spider you found in the room; we will follow up on that with our Housekeeping department.
I do hope that you will return to us again after we complete the entire guest room renovation in mid-January.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
#7 of 19 in Redondo Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!