1,334 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe club loungetennis courtsnice hotelruby's dinerstreet parkingocean viewself parkingcheesecake factorypool area issmall balconybike rentalupon checksanta monicafew blockslos angelesmarina
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza which is under renovation. I can certainly understand renovations but I had a "renovated" room and 1) a/c did not work, 2) coffee station had no outlet to plug the coffeee maker, 3) extension cords to connect television and lamps were exposed and trailing the floors, 4) bathroom renovation used old spouts, internet connection while Hotwire site says is free has a charge UNLESS you are a Crowne Frequent Member, and my list goes no

I have tried contacting Hotwire with my photos and detail but they are not equipped I guess to receive such information.

This is written as a caution to travellers to this property in that you should check on the renovation completion first and confirm all the details to the website you book through. I am a frequent traveler and am in some hotel room at least once a month. This is not a begrudging review; its meant to be helpful and informative

By the way, as I checked out there were a couple other guests at the front desk demanding explanation to their own greivances. Beware of the Crowne Plaza/Redondo

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank terry k
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked this hotel using priceline, and got away with paying 80 bucks a night! This hotel faces the ocean and Redondo Beach area, so it is prime real estate. The hotel is close to lots of restaurants and the pier so there was lots to do.

The room we got was a remodeled one on the 4th floor. The hotel is currently undergoing a renovation and will easily be a 4+ star hotel when completed. The renovated rooms feature granite counters in the bathroom, new showers, fixtures, everything. The only weird thing about the room was the bathroom door is more of a closet door.

The beds are comfortable and the room was so new, I think we were the first people to sleep in them. The new rooms come with a mini fridge and a nice flatscreen TV. This hotel has all the amenities you could need like access to a Gold's gym, business room and a conference centre. There is also an outdoor pool (which I never made it to).

The best thing about this hotel is the location, facing the beach and our balcony had an ocean room view. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Redondo or Beach town area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments and glad that you enjoyed the new room. The double bathroom doors had to be designed that way so that the doors could swing outward, giving you more room in the bath itself.
You actually probably WERE the first guest to stay in that room! The first set of them just came back to us a couple of weeks ago.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Plaza for work, and our meetings were on-site. The hotel is mid-remodel so there is some construction noise during the day right now. My room was away from the noise and had a great view of the harbor and ocean. It wasn't a remodeled room, so it was showing signs of age, but it was clean and comfortable. The front-desk staff was very pleasant and the event staff was very attentive and checked in frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. Catered meals were quite good. The hotel is located just off the water within walking distance of several restaurants. I look forward to staying here again once the remodel is complete.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view, 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Glad that you enjoyed your meeting here with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the good service you received from the front desk and convention service staff.
Look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just had to write to say I had an outstanding customer service experience with Virginia Morrow in Guest Services, in relation to the correction of an error during a previous stay. Virginia went out of her way to make sure we were left with a good taste in our mouths, as it were, and truly is a credit to the Crowne Plaza name. Flawless service and an example to all. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sabzliminal
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your very nice comments regarding our Assistant Guest Service Manager, Virginia Morrow! I will make sure to pass on your kind words to her, and will also be nominating her for our "Delivering On The Promise" award.
Look forward to having you as a guest next time!

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice location. Excellent if you wish to bike or run along the Strand to Manhattan Beach perhaps all the way to Santa Monica
My room was in DESPERATE need of refurbishment. Reminds me of a cheap beach motel I stayed once when I had no money

• Stayed: October 2012

I am so sorry that you were not happy with your room. Hopefully you were made aware during your stay that we are half way done with our guest room renovation. I am confident that you will be very pleased with your next stay with us and I do hope to be able to welcome you back again.