1,342 results
All reviews across the street the club lounge tennis courts nice hotel ruby's diner street parking ocean view self parking cheesecake factory pool area is small balcony bike rental upon check santa monica few blocks los angeles marina
Reviewed August 13, 2012

You can walk to the Pier (Redondo Pier is 5 mins, Hermosa Pier 20 or so). So right there, if you're not likely to just hang out in the hotel, you're set. The pool area is pretty nice here, too, with a decent view out to the Ocean.

Rooms are in the process of being updated. The renderings look pretty good. This isn't a 5-star property, but service from the staff was more than I've seen in similar properties. You are also across the street from some additional food/drink options, so that is convenient. The onsite restaurant, Splash, was solid.

My room noted it had an ocean view. If it was a floor higher that might have been the case, but all we had was the roof of the ground floor to observe.

Room Tip: You want ocean view (not the "local highway" view), but make sure you actually get the ocean!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JayW913
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments, which summarized our hotel quite nicely. I am glad that you enjoyed the renderings for our new guest rooms. I noted your comments about the ocean view and we will check into that to ensure that we deliver what we promise in that regard.
See you again soon, hopefully!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel lives up to the various reviews already written. Once upon a time, it was probably fabulous - now it is a bit tired and run down, but still quite busy. I saw posters that said they were renovating, but not sure when that is happening. It is in a good location for visiting the area, the beach is a 20 minute walk away and they have bike rentals on site so you can take a long ride along the beach (highly recommended). They do charge 25 bucks for parking which is insane, and also for wi-fi, although if you are a priority club member, you get it for free (worth signing up just for that perk). The room was pretty spacious and was supposedly "water view" but it was really roof top/other room view with a glimpse of the water far off. The room was not the cleanest ever (the glass top bedside table was not wiped off well) but fine. Also when we got there (and for the next 12 hours) other people's room service dishes were left out in the hall and no one came by to pick them up. That was a bit unsightly. We did not swim, but the pool looked quite nice. The on site restaurant didn't look great, but there were many restaurants in walking distance. We probably would not stay here again, but it was fine for 2 nights using our Priority club points.

Room Tip: If you get a water view, make sure you ask for one facing out (not an interior water view)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Chose this hotel because we were visiting friends in Palos Verdes nearby.

Approached by road from LAX and unnerved by sight of large power station close to hotel but shouldn't have been as you mostly forget it is there during your stay.

Minutes from beach and pier. 19 miles of running and bicycling paths immediately outside. Ask for sea view. Breakfast in Rubys opposite hotel. Dinner in Kincaids over the water to watch the sunset

Grand reception area and lobby replete with large fish tank. Popular with wedding parties. Large quiet bedroom with good-sized bathroom. Writing desk and chair in room.

Pool, jacuzzi and European spa plus free use of the ginormous Gold's gym located at south end of the hotel. Complimentary transportation to area's shopping malls.

Reef Bar offers cosy drinks place at the end of the day. Friendly cocktail waiter.

For peace of mind and security I opted for the parking which was $23 per night in the hotel's secure car park, although there is plenty on-road parking round about.

Room safe broken pre-arrival. Fixed on engineer's second visit. No servicing of room on Sunday. Room fridge was like a deep freeze, with no obvious temperature control, froze a bottle of champagne!

VIP Tours pick up/drop off from hotel for all tourist destinations in LA and surroundings so this makes a good destination if you want to stay out of LA on the beach. Although we would probably elect to stay at the adjacent, more up-market Manhattan Beach nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philippians4-6_7

Your comments were overall very complimentary, and I thank you for that! I am sorry about the problems you experienced with the in-room safe and refrigerator. My biggest concern is that you did not get service from Housekeeping on Sunday, I will follow up on that with our Executive Housekeeper.
Hope you come back and stay with us again soon, I think that Redondo Beach is even nicer than the beaches to the north of us, but I am a BIT prejudiced, I will admit!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Was looking for a quick get away near a beach with some fun activities and great weather. Redondo Beach was a good choice. Crowne Plaza is in the middle of all the action with a short walk to 2 clean beaches, restaurants and the Redondo Beach Pier. Unless you plan to go travek around town, a car is not required. Parking is almost $25 a day, so I suggest renting a car locally for the days you need it.

Everything you need is less than a 15 minute walk away, or you can rent a bike from the hotel and go to Hermos or Venice Beach along the paved paths.

I enjoyed using the Gold's Gym next door and the hotel pool was a great place to relax.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

They certainly have a great location but the rooms are well under par. For a Holiday family hotel they need to take some queues from their brethren. I have stayed there 4 times in the last few years because they were the cheapest for our group to stay for some national meetings in Torrance. The breakfast at the local restaurant is good but they were way over priced compared to the bar across the street. In the end if it suites your needs to be in Redondo its not bad but its not that great and the parking ramp has a very severe angle at the entrance and exit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of you room. We are starting our renovation on September 2nd and expect to complete it by December 15th, and you will be thrilled when you see the new scheme. I only hope that you will return again; it seems that you stayed with us several times in the past.
Regarding the garage, this is the first time I have seen a comment about the angle of the driveway. Due to the way the garage is situated off the street, there is not much we can do about this, but it does provide a convenient, secure place for our guests to park their vehicles.
We look forward to your next visit.