Chose this hotel because we were visiting friends in Palos Verdes nearby.
Approached by road from LAX and unnerved by sight of large power station close to hotel but shouldn't have been as you mostly forget it is there during your stay.
Minutes from beach and pier. 19 miles of running and bicycling paths immediately outside. Ask for sea view. Breakfast in Rubys opposite hotel. Dinner in Kincaids over the water to watch the sunset
Grand reception area and lobby replete with large fish tank. Popular with wedding parties. Large quiet bedroom with good-sized bathroom. Writing desk and chair in room.
Pool, jacuzzi and European spa plus free use of the ginormous Gold's gym located at south end of the hotel. Complimentary transportation to area's shopping malls.
Reef Bar offers cosy drinks place at the end of the day. Friendly cocktail waiter.
For peace of mind and security I opted for the parking which was $23 per night in the hotel's secure car park, although there is plenty on-road parking round about.
Room safe broken pre-arrival. Fixed on engineer's second visit. No servicing of room on Sunday. Room fridge was like a deep freeze, with no obvious temperature control, froze a bottle of champagne!
VIP Tours pick up/drop off from hotel for all tourist destinations in LA and surroundings so this makes a good destination if you want to stay out of LA on the beach. Although we would probably elect to stay at the adjacent, more up-market Manhattan Beach nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach