Happenings at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach Hotel
1. Upon arrival there was no room reservations for the wife and me* Was told to have a seat in the lounge area, and they would deal with our problem later. Forty five minutes later we were still waiting no one really was concerned! This is not acceptable.
2. A room was finally found. We tried to enter the room and it was occupied.*
The front desk found my wife’s name as an occupant of this room.
3. Another room was found and we checked in.
4. Our room was not cleaned on the third day. Someone had placed a do not disturb sign on our door and housekeeping complied. In fact they left a voice message on the phone indicating they were ready to clean the room when we returned. I tried to retrieve the message using the instructions on the phone and could not. I called the front desk and they sent a person to help. He could not or would not explain how I was to know that by pressing 55 on the keyboard I could retrieve the message. Anyway house keeping came by left us some clean towels, coffee, and soap. I mentioned the dial 55 mystery to the front desk along with an inability to set the clock radios in our room. The response--, yea we know. No one can set the clocks and maybe we should say something about the 55 issue.
5. 2:00 AM 1 January. Fire alarm. Drunks in the hall.*
6. 2 January returned to room around noon; couldn’t open door. Housekeeping said we had checked out. Front desk said all 100 on tour were scheduled for checkout on the 2nd. Re-keyed my cards, house cleaning cleaned the room and life went on.*
7. 3 January 4:20 AM. The bell man started picking up luggage. Scheduled time was 5:00 AM* Luggage was taken to the lobby, segregated by floor and not moved to or loaded on the bus.*
The hotel is a beautiful facility at an ideal location. Although we enjoyed our stay it was far from outstanding. A redefined focus on the customer as someone other than a money source might help! .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach