I just returned from my first time to the LA area. I'm here to tell you that the hotel staff will do EVERYTHING In Their Power to make your stay a delightful one! The lobby is spacious, regal and quite lovely. Tho' the rooms are aesthetically a bit 'dated'... DO NOT let that hold you back. As I was told come this fall (Sept. 2012) the hotel is planning a major room renovation and upgrade. And aesthetics is the ONLY reason why I did not give them five stars. The staff... their demeanor, their professionalism and genuine kindness for each individual staying there... if I could have I'd have given them TEN STARS! Case in point: There was a minor issue with the balcony furniture of the room I was initially booked into... OMG! Miguel at the front desk, felt SO BAD, that he upgraded me to a suite for the same price just because he was truly sorry about the patio furniture issues I brought to his attention! (WHO DOES THAT THESE DAYS!!!??!) And Maria, the Concierge she will make you feel like family. Anything she can do to make your stay just as you desire it to be... it will be done. The location is wonderful. You are literally right across the street from the Marina and the ocean is just beyond! Many things to do and see in that area of Redondo Beach. Take an early morning swim or jacuzz off the 2nd floor pool area... hit Gold's Gym (complimentary!) 1/2 block from the hotel... Also, take full advantage of the 'Body Etc.' Spa in-house..! I did. I had a pedicure, but wished I would have done the hot stones massage, or more! The staff was Wonderful and treated me like a Goddess with hot tea, fruit and cookies! The 'Aaaahhhh Factor' is Alive and Well at Body, Etc.!
Finally... I found myself having to cut my vacation short due to some issues back home, and the hotel was not only gracious, and understanding, but discounted my room charges beyond what I even expected... and without missing a beat! (Thank You Stephen!)
All in All... this hotel is at least a 4-star... and once the renovations are done... a '5' will be a given! The staff ... all who I came in contact with...were All TENS in my book! I would return to the Crowne Plaza at the Redondo Beach Marina without hesitation! Go walking... Go Biking (complimentary from the hotel!!) Go down to the Marina and just soak in all that Southern California has to offer. Indulge at their on-site restaurant 'Splash' or be a bit naughty and walk the 2 blocks to the Cheesecake Factory Restaurant. Anyway you slice it... This Hotel is truly a Slice of Heaven!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach