I spent one night here and overall was pleased. I found the bed to be comfortable, the room was a decent size, hallways were quiet and the "city view" was lovely. Also it was a short pleasant walk to the Redondo pier and beach.
On the downside:
- room wasn't very clean (carpet was quite stained and I found hairs in the tub)
- internet access is not free (although I managed to pick up a weak wifi signal for an open/free network)
- parking is a total ripoff at $16... particularly considering when I checked out at 8:45AM the garage was unattended with the exit arm raised allowing cars to drive out without paying (had I not informed the hotel on check in that I had a car, I would not have been billed)
- check in time is 4pm. I arrived at 4:05 and after waiting in line for at least 15 mins (there was only one person behind the counter - at check-in time no less!) I was told to "come back in 20 minutes" as they were still cleaning the rooms. I was quite put off by this. I noticed the lobby was filled with departing British Airways flight attendants and pilots. Regular checkout time is noon but I imagine they allowed the crew to stay longer which is why there were no clean rooms available at checkin time for us regular folks. Not cool.
After spending a horrible night at the Best Western Redondo on the PCH (currently rated #1 - WHAT?!?) I bid $67 on Priceline for a 3* in Redondo/Manhattan area fully expecting to win the Crowne Plaza. Even with the parking charge, it was a good value. I don't think it's worth the amount the hotel charges directly however unless you want ocean view (when non-Priceline guests were checking in they were asked if they wanted an ocean view for no additional charge).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach