“People that care.”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Surprise,AZ
“People that care.”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I had a problem with the hotel I booked in redondo beach. I had accidentally booked a best western 15 miles away from the location I wanted to be at. The staff was very understanding and made the calls to fix the problem. They had to deal with there central office and the other best western that was being very unpleasant. This was a hug relief to me because I had just finished an 8 hour drive from phoenix with a 4 year old and a 13 month old that was exhausted and cranky. It was 9pm and the managers on duty tended to my every need.
This is a Motel with Hotel service. Considering the ocean, and many other amenities that are in walking distance this place is more than reasonable priced and a great place to take the family.

• Liked — An amazing bargain for waht you get.
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast since they have a restaurant on premise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank A-DAD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bay Area
Reviewed February 29, 2008

While this hotel wouldn't qualify as the worst I've seen on Trip Advisor, another reviewers description of it as "gross and depressing" rings true with me. And to that I'd add "scary".

The room didn't have any obvious insect activity, so that I am more than thankful for. What I can say is that it just seemed dirty. While everything was in its place, the carpets and bedspread looked dingy. In felt nasty about sitting on the bed. The room smelled dank.

I asked for an indoor room because the outdoor ones creep me out, and I was told that they were "reserved for airline pilots only". Meanwhile, alone in my room, I was freaked out because the door didn't lock correctly. The deadbolt was loose...For more scariness, the cleaning people left the door to the room next door wide open so anyone from the street could get in. When I reported it, they said they had been cleaning the carpets and had to leave it open to let it dry. Still scary!

The pros of this hotel: free WiFI and the guy downstairs let me print my boarding pass for free

• Liked — WIFI
  • Disliked — Old, nasty room, feeling unsafe
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank hispanofila
Cornwall
Reviewed February 13, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the BW Redondo Beach Inn on the pac coast highway over New Years just gone. Having spent 4 nights in a great motel in Santa Monica, I was anxious about what we were going to find, but I need not had been. I have an affinity for Best Westwerns (first place I ever stayed in the US was a BW in Orlando when I was 9, I am 25 now), and I was not disapointed. We paid about £100/$200USD for both nights direct with the hotel.

Although it is on the PCH, it is actually a real quite stretch, no noise from traffic and is generally quite suburban. It is right next to a huge Longs store, which although is undergoing reconstruction, it was open the entire time and is perfect for snacks, water, toiletries, soda, pretty much anything. There are also tonnes of Starbucks and Coffeebeans around, so you would never go thirsty, as well as a few restuarants (i recommend Good Stuff for breakfast). If you wanted bigger places, such as the Cheesecake Factory, (which is AWESOME, by the way), you need to drive or grab a cab. I felt totally safe walking around both day and night, always a bonus.

The beach is maybe one mile away. It would be too far to walk I would say as a hotel location for a total summertime beach holiday, but an easy cycle or very quick drive would make it manageable. We rented bikes from the hotel for $1 for 2 hours(it is like $10 in santa monica) and pedalled down to the coastal path and then to the pier. Anyone who says there is nothing to do on the pier is wrong, it is so quaint and cute, places to eat, little shops, boat trips etc. I actually preferred it to Santa Monica, proabaly because my expectations were not so high and i was pleasantly suprised.

Hotel staff were really helpful, gave us a map so that we could wander around and know where everything was. They also have interent in the lobby, but be warned it is slow as hell, although we did manage to confrim our flights home and pick our plane seats after about 45 minutes. This too was dirt cheap, maybe $2 or something and they don't ask you for money, even if you print something off. We gave them the money anyway :-)

The room was clean and well maintained, the bathroom lights were a little dim but apart from that I could not fault the room. Also, the little pool area and token exercise room were also looked after well, if not a little on the tiny side. We actually did use the pool and jacuzzi despite it being January, simply because we are Brits and like to get our money's worth, but no one else did!

All in all, a fabulous stay. I have always wanted to visit Redondo Beach, if only because of the Beach Boys Surfin USA connection, but it was totally worthwhile and made all the better for staying at the Redondo Beach Inn.

• Liked — Bike rental facility, soda machines, location on PCH as a base for exploring SoCal, malls nearby
  • Disliked — I am picking at things here, but I would say bathroom lights and the noise the shower made sometimes.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K30
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Redondo from November 10th to 14th, 2007.

It was our base location to explore Los Angeles, Long Beach,
Hollywood and Beverly Hills. It was perfect for us.

The room was a typical Best Western. Nothing fancy or extravigant but I knew that when I booked. We stayed there because of it's location.

Redondo beach is a nice community, I felt safe and that was important.

Our room was at the end on the second floor and we never had problem with noise or strange people around.

I would recommend this hotel to people who don't expect fancy on a simple budget.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank MustangAnn
Toronto
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stayed here for one night and that was one night too many.

Just like the previous reviewer, I had looked at photos of the room (as seen on the hotel's website) prior to booking and decided it was decent enough. Well... I have no idea if such rooms actually exist because the one I was given up on the third floor was HORRENDOUS. It smelled really bad (even after turning on the a/c), the carpet was old and dirty, the wallpaper was peeling and bubbling everywhere and the furniture, bathroom and fixtures were seriously outdated and cheap. I really regret not snapping some pics to post here. On the plus side, the towels and bedding appeared to be clean (no hairs or stains that I could see), parking and internet are free.

There were also many rather unsavoury characters (for lack of a better term) staying at this motel. They were hanging out on the exterior corridors at all hours of the night making noise and generally making me uncomfortable. I had to empty out my car because I feared that anything left inside would be gone by the morning.

I noticed when checking out that there are some rooms in the "main" building (where the lobby is) and those may be better. If nothing else, they would be quieter.

I suspect some of the more positive reviews posted here may in fact be for the other Best Western in Redondo Beach which looked many times nicer than this one.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Phact
Canterbury, Kent, England
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This was our first stop on a three week holiday in the USA, I checked out all our hotels on the web and booked hotel suites of the highest standard we could afford. This hotel should have been the perfect start, but from all I had read I did not realise this hotel has two standards of rooms, I had looked at the photographs and taken the virtual tours all of which showed rooms of a far higher standard than we received. The hotel is fine as far as it goes and if you make sure when booking that you are in the higher standard of room you will not be disappointed at all, the facilities are good the location is good. The misrepresentation of rooms is far from good.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank itzmehereagain
Birmingham
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Just spent 3 nights at this excellent value for money hotel. Location is ideally suited for out of town visitors hiring a car because it is the other way from the big hotels for LA.Only 12 minutes driving time from LAX in what seemed at first a quiet little suburb but walk down to the pier and experience all the restaurants, bars and markets and you realise the town haas a lot going for it.
Hotel staff very helpful, advising on and booking value for money trips, not rip offs.Breakfast a bit of a let down but for non US residents the opportunity to make one's own waffles was fun. Big bed, room safe no charge, free internet access everything we wanted. No bar but Joe's Crab Shack just down the road seves good food and drink, again well priced. Would definitely stay again

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Boring Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
#9 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn? Share your experiences!