I travel with my service dog and in a wheelchair, the staff at the BWP in Redondo Beach were incredible. My room always very clean and comfortable, The staff very friendly and very informative providing lots of information on things to do and see, and checking for me to ensure accessibility. The hotel is a comfortable walk to the beach and a little longer to the pier where there are restaurants and shops. The beach is incredible. Across the street is a lovely residential neighbourhood where I felt very safe walking my dog particularly in the evening. The neighbourhood has a wonderful park with tennis courts, childrens playground, a nice library and it is a great place to meet very friendly people. Right beside the hotel is a small mall with several eateries, pizza place, subway, a very decadent homemade ice cream shop and a cafe/bakery that serves a nice selection of fresh healthy food and baked goods. A pharmacy and hair salon are also next door. The hotel is a nice walk to the centre of the village where there are interesting shops, a range of restaurants, and a grocery store. The public laundromat is also within walking distance but the machines are grimy, It would be nice if the hotel added a small laundromat for guests as one of its amenities. There is a large shopping mall just a short drive from the hotel, or if you are taking the bus a short 2 bus ride. LOS ANGELES PROVIDES A HORRIBLE TAXI SERVICE FOR PERSONS IN WHEELCHAIRS YOU CAN WAIT 30 min TO OVER 4 HOURS FOR A CAB, OR NOT GET ONE AT ALL. IT IS DISGUSTING, I CUT MY HOLIDAY SHORT BY 1 MONTH IN WHAT WAS TO BE A 2.5 MONTH VACATION AND TOOK MY TOURIST DOLLARS BACK HOME BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION. The hotel breakfast was a nice selection. The Internet works but is not great for viewing videos. The Hotel staff respond quickly to a request, I was impressed at how quick. The staff really make this hotel a 5 star in my experience. And I have stayed at a fair number of 5 star hotels. It is my first time staying at a Best Western and I would highly recommend this hotel. I will be back no doubt about it, BUT ONLY WHEN I CAN SHIP MY OWN VAN. Tourism California and the businesses and Hoteliers in LA need to address this discrimination in Taxi service to the disabled. There are more of us travelling and we expect to have the same services as everyone else, and rightfully so. Thanks to everyone at the Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn for making me feel right at home and taking such good care of me and my service dog. You guys/gals are great!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Best Western Inn is located in an ideal spot for any Los Angeles traveler. Only minutes from the beach and 9 miles away from the Los Angeles International Airport, we offer ideal accommodations for your next Southern California vacation to Disneyland, Universal Studios, or Hollywood. Complete with heated pool, spa and fitness room. Breakfast included. Bike rentals available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western