Stayed 3 nights in February 2007. It is one block from the Galleria (a shopping center) if you're into shopping, but to me that really doesn' t mean much. I suppose during the day you could walk to the mall, but honestly, LA neighborhoods are typically not designed for leisure walking. At night I certainly wouldn't do it. The area is not as ghetto as many LA areas are, but it is not pretty.
The hotel is pretty small. Did someone mentiona pool/jacuzzi? I don't recall seeing it, to be honest. The room is very typical BW - older decor, musty smell. The bathroom is clean though. The electrical outlets are kind of messed up, so when you plug something in, it feels like it's going to fall out anytime. The wireless connection is quite choppy.
For leisure travel I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Just because it is in Redondo "Beach", doesn't mean it's a beachy resort or something. For a few nights (for whatever reason), it's fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Mediterranean style architecture and accommodations at this Redondo Beach hotel with great beaches, shopping, nightlife and LAX just minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel is located near the best beaches in Southern California and just a few miles from the Los Angeles International Airport. - LAX. Beach goers looking for a great location will find themselves in proximity to local beaches such as Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach, and a short distance to Venice and Santa Monica Beach. Relax and Enjoy beach hot spots; boardwalk shopping, pier restaurants, and nightlife entertainment. Easy access to popular and exciting nearby attractions include Disneyland, Universal Studios/Universal Walk, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of The Pacific, and the Paul Getty Museum. Guests will be within walking distance to the South Bay Galleria Mall and minutes away from Del Amo Fashion Center, offering world class shops, entertainment, theatres, restaurants. Favorite local events near the hotel include beach volleyball tournaments, soccer tournaments, fishing, whale watching and charter trips to Catalina Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western