I was going to fly into LAX for a couple of days and since I was going to have to rent a car anyway, I thought I would stay a little farther from the airport in hopes of having a more interesting neighborhood. Redondo beach was fun. This hotel is across the street from a large marina. There's no actual beach at this location (but there is a mile or so to the south) but that's probably one of the reasons that it isn't more expensive.
The property is about what you should expect from a Best Western. It's older, just a little bit shabby and on the inside looks like it could use some paint in places. The people were very nice. My room had something of a musty smell. However, everything in the room worked. The bed looked well-worn but was reasonably comfortable.
There were some pleasant surprises. The breakfast area was well equipped (though somewhat small) and it was possible to take your breakfast outside to a series of tables and chairs on the side of the hotel. The pool/spa area was surprisingly nice. It had reasonably new furniture with towels placed over the backs of each of the chairs. It looked like the pool was regularly cleaned and the whole patio are was really pleasant. Here's a tip.... if you find that the breakfast area is too crowded, I saw a couple of people take their plates out to the pool area. In the morning there will be hardly any one out there.
Another pleasant surprise is that the hotel will rent you a bicycle. I didn't try it, but I think it would be possible to bike down to the beach this way. There were also a couple of computers in the lobby for the guest's use
Parking can be a bit tight here. I happened to be there the weekend of a marina festival and I needed to display a parking permit prominently on my dashboard or risk being towed. I was, however, always able to find a spot regardless of how late I was out.
While you are there take a walk around the marina, the variety of boats is pretty amazing. I enjoyed my stay and paid about half of what I would have had to pay at a hotel that actually had a beach view. I liked it better than when I had previously taken a room right at LAX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Mediterranean style architecture and accommodations at this Redondo Beach hotel with great beaches, shopping, nightlife and LAX just minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel is located near the best beaches in Southern California and just a few miles from the Los Angeles International Airport. - LAX. Beach goers looking for a great location will find themselves in proximity to local beaches such as Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach, and a short distance to Venice and Santa Monica Beach. Relax and Enjoy beach hot spots; boardwalk shopping, pier restaurants, and nightlife entertainment. Easy access to popular and exciting nearby attractions include Disneyland, Universal Studios/Universal Walk, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Aquarium of The Pacific, and the Paul Getty Museum. Guests will be within walking distance to the South Bay Galleria Mall and minutes away from Del Amo Fashion Center, offering world class shops, entertainment, theatres, restaurants. Favorite local events near the hotel include beach volleyball tournaments, soccer tournaments, fishing, whale watching and charter trips to Catalina Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Redondo Beach Galleria Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Hotel Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach Best Western