“Loved it!”

Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Loved it! Great Location. Right in between Freeway, shopping malls and the Beach. The Beach is super beautiful! Safe and quiet area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Germanylicious D
Nitesh K, Manager at Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We take great pride in how satisfied you were staying with us and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stopped in to see about getting a room while in town for one night. Customer service rep was very friendly and helpful. Stayed that night and it was o.k. When I went down for coffee I asked the morning desk man if I needed to come back with the keys as we would be checking out within the hour. He said no. He did not say " Thank you for staying with us, come back again, or how was your stay".
No acknowledgment whatsoever.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

I am sorry that the attendant did not acknowledge how much we appreciate your stay with us. We stress proper staff services and strive to be the best we can when it comes to handling customer affairs. Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We do hope you come back again.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I've stayed at a few Best Western hotels around the world and my experience has been that they all offer the same average quality one can expect from such a chain.

The Best Western Galleria Inn in Redondo Beach, LA is no different. I stayed there for a couple of nights on a business trip and I didnt have much to complain for the price they charged.

The rooms are large and have a kitchenette attached. I found that te freezer had some left over food from the previous occupant. The hotel hadnt bothered to clean the fridge once it was empty.

The hotel is about 20min drive from LAX which is good if you have business interests in that part of LA. The manager at the reception was polite and offered help/advise on getting to places that I wanted to go.

The hotel has an outdoor Jacuzzi which I didnt use but saw some guests use it frequently. There's a shopping mall nearby if one needs to buy something.

The breakfast was nothing to write home about, toast, coffee & eggs. Should suffice if you need to get to work asap.

To sum up I'd say average hotel at a budget price. No frills and only suitable for short business stays.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank alpanth

Thank you for your detailed review of our business, as it helps us understand what we lack and also serves as a basis to what we can do to continually improve ourselves. We appreciate your business and hope you choose to stay with us again if you are ever in the area to see if our improvements are to your liking.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Check in early or check in late? We were allowed to check in early so that when we got back from Universal Studios tired and exhausted we just went to our room to rest. The continental breakfast was good. The location is not as close to the beach as we wanted but for the price we paid it was well worth it. The Galleria Mall is within walking distance and would recommend someone who wants to shop to stay there. There is no pool just an oversized jacuzzi tub. I also overheard the front desk attendant give directions to get somewhere to one of the guests and I thought wow he is he is very helpful and he had given her his business card in case she needed more assistance. It turns out that he had given directions to get to the beach to one of my family members which to me he went the extra mile to help us get to our destinations.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Here at Best Western we do our absolute best to accommodate your needs. Your review helps us understand what we are doing right or wrong and sets the guidelines of how to carry ourselves in the future. We are pleased to know that our staff did well in servicing you and we are even more pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

As far as location, this hotel is within easy reach of the 405 freeway, but the beach is NOT within walking distance. There is a large shopping mall and movie theatre complex close by, but I did not locate any good restaurants within walking distance.

On the down side the hotel does not have a pool and the lobby computer did not allow for hookup to "social networking" sites. The fact that the lobby is locked at 9 PM and the night staff must hide behind bullet resisitant glass is the number one reason I would not stay here again. If that is required for the safety of the night staff, then how safe are the guests??

On the good side, the hotel has a large hot tub area, free parking, and a nice view of the distance mountains behind LA. Check in was fast and friendly. They have a free breakfast with waffles, pakaged pastries, cereal, juice, etc.

Rooms were fairly basic but have large screen flat panel TV's. I am a clean freak and I was very close to giving this place 5 stars for cleanliness, until I noticed some dust on top the clock radio. The next day I also noticed tiny ants in and around the vanity area. I've noticed that this is a very common problem for hotels in warmer climates.

My room rate was $89.00 per night, but I think for the type of hotel and amenities offered, a low 70's rate would be more appropriate.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Freightcarr
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The hotel is clean, the bed was comfortable. We needed a safe, comfortable, and clean place to crash in the area, and it met our needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. We are glad you were comfortable and found all your needs here with us. We take pleasure in providing to your needs as best we can and hope you consider us again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

I didnt book this hotel myself, my agent did it for me, but i was very pleased with their choice, as a solo female traveller, I asked to stay in a safe area of LA, and I felt safe at Redondo Beach.
The hotel itself was very clean and tidy, the contintental breakfast gave lots of options.
But best of all was the Customer Service of the staff at Reception, nothing was too much trouble, a wealth of information.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Here at Best Western we strive to bring the best in all aspects of our services, but we take exceptional care and pride in our staff services as we believe a friendly and informative reception marks the beginning of a satisfying stay with us. Thank you for the time you took to let us now how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you consider us again when you are in the area.