“Convenient-Comfort-Coast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Chamblee, Georgia, United States
“Convenient-Comfort-Coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

These 3 "C's" in the title best describe this new hotel. After being at a family wedding in Pasadena for several days, we wanted to spend our last night in the area close to LAX airport and a beach. The Hilton Garden Inn Redondo Beach easily met the "convenient and coast" criteria, although the beach is a short drive away. I was afraid the comfort factor might be on shaky ground when we checked in because the property is right next to I-405 and a young girls' soccer team was staying on our floor. I'm pleased to report that the interstate noise is barely noticeable (even for rooms facing that directions), and the Classic Cleats soccer team demonstrated classy and quiet behavior. My only gripe is about the $10 parking fee for a flat, unsecure hotel lot. Ticky tacky, Hilton...shame on you!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here one night because we had driven into LA very late (about 3am). They kindly gave us a room that was nice and 12pm checkout was a bonus. I left a sweater there because of how distracted we had been rushing to get in the hotel and out. I called later that afternoon about me forgotten sweater and was told to call in the morning because house keeping was gone now and they have no way of getting to lost and found items. She made a note of t and seemed very pleasant. I called the next morning to a very rude woman at the reception desk who told me many times there was nothing they could do about it. She told me it was never found even tho I knew exactly where I had left it etc. i then asked if I could speak to the house keeping and she told me it was pointless because she would tell me the exact same thing and transferred me to an automatics voicemail for housekeeping for the 3rd time that morning. The place is beautiful but the people who run it are awful. Shame on all of you

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HGIRedondoBeachGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Mibarra7,

We would like to first thank you for choosing our property. Secondly, sincerely apologize for the issue you faced during your stay. We should go above and beyond for guests even after their stay with us. In your case we apologize we did not follow up with you to let you know if your lost item was found or not. Customer service is priority #1 at our hotel, and we have addressed all of our staff about how to handle lost and found and to properly follow up with guests on issues such as the one you faced. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future at our hotel.

Nadine Koch, General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn/Redondo Beach
Rancho Palos Verdes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Hotel was excellent .. price was somewhat high
Location is perfect for getting places as the I405 is just around the corner.
The bad side is that the hotel is squeezed in between the i405 and a train track
In spite of this the rooms were quiet.. One should be aware beaches are about 5 miles away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel and room were beyond expectations. Everything was new and clean and worked well. The pool area was small but at least it was outdoors and, again, clean. The location is not great but it's only a short drive to the beach and there's a good diner across the street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Although the restaurant service was slow (but friendly) and I did not like paying for parking at the hotel, the hotel itself was well-appointed, clean, and quiet. The small pool was perfect for the little children staying with their parents (pool was crowded).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Yorba Linda, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Loved the room. The bed was comfortable. the TV was nice and big. The one problem with the room was the absolute TERRIBLE water pressure when trying to take a shower. I understand water conservation but it was a trickle and i could barely wash my hair and get the shampoo out. It was so bad, this reason alone would keep me from coming back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good service , I left something in the hotel and we request to deliver to our home , no problem thanks for Ivan
Excellent , new , close to redondo swimming pool is small but decent . Definitely will comeback soon

• Stayed July 2014
BEST WESTERN PLUS Redondo Beach Inn
The Belamar Hotel
The Belamar Hotel
#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!