“My Favorite Restaurant”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Transit: 323 Merto Bus
Reviewed October 23, 2007

I am a little surprised by some of the other reviews. It's far away from what I experienced. I have been in this restaurant many times since early summer and the food is just great. My favorite pasta is the one with phaesant and mushroom...Yummy... I also find the service very friendly and professional.
Definitely one of the best restaurant in town and definitely the best Italian in town !!!

Reviewed July 4, 2007

From the first words out of the waiter's mouth describing various pizzas being offered that night (uh, wait, since when has pizza been anything but a tiny aside on the BS menu?), to a basket of one kind of stale bread, to two quite bad salads including a horrific substitute for my favorite which is no longer on the menu, to a really crappy risotto and a good steak except not cooked the way it was ordered, and finally to our departure without bothering with dessert, everything was bad bad bad yuch puke bad. I am almost certain that the chef who put BS on the map is gone.

4  Thank Elbowem
Reviewed February 14, 2007

My wife and I have been to this restaurant twice - both were bad experiences. We won't be giving it a third try as there are many other restaurants that consistently provide a pleasant dining experience.

3  Thank dprb07
Reviewed October 31, 2006

it has been a while since i have been to this place, maybe 2 years ago?? i have to disagree with the other reviews. when i went to this place it was really overpriced, the service was lousy and the food was only average.

It was so bad that the table next to us was accidentally served someone else's leftovers!

maybe things have changed since i was there, but whenever i walk past buena sera it is near empty, hardly a good sign in a city with no other italian places.

you would do much better at any of the places in the riviera village. try gina lee's, chez melange, or zazou. if you want casual go to good stuff, HT Grill, the green temple, or Casa Pulido.

If you really want Italian drive to torrance or hermosa.....

4  Thank jelletelle
Reviewed October 9, 2006

Yes this is a great little Italian place. Seems to have gotten busy between the two times I went so I guess thats a good sign. I think its better than Mama D's in Manhattan Beach which I think is more expensive and I know is more claustrophobic.

1  Thank tc999