“Was expecting great got okay!”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 295 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Herondo & Harbor Drive
Naperville, Illinois
“Was expecting great got okay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We were told this was a great seafood place. The restaurant is in a prime spot as far as the beach goes, loved watching the waves crash to shore! When we got there on a late Monday evening there where maybe a handful of people there. The chef was just going into the kitchen and asked is if we had been helped to find a seat we had but were waitng for hostess to seat is but I took the opportunity to talk with the chef. I asked ehat was his best dish. He was nice and everything he discribed sounded great. When we were seated he came to our table and told us more about the dishes. Our waiter showed up looking like he was ready to leave to go smoke a fatty but now he is stuck with us. We ordered wine and then our meals and the chef said he wanted to buy us the chocolate lava cake! We thought GREAT!!! I have to say I was under impressed with the food first off one dish was cold and the other was just Luke warm! The flavor was ok not great but probably would have been at least good if it were served to us when it was still hot. I would have to day for the price I WOULD NOT waste your time taste buds or money here.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I hadn't been to a Chart house in years, there were 11 of us. Not a great experience. The service was slow and the food was underwelming. We were disappointed, too bad it used to be a really good chain.

Visited March 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Incredible Views- Average food for expensive prices”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location can't be beat! The Chart House is directly on the beach with the ocean as your backdrop. This is why we went. I was on a business trip from Colorado and wanted to see water! I have been to Chart Houses around the country and generally they are very good. This one was average to be honest.
I had plantains with hummus for an appetizer, the filet and mashed potatoes for the main course and creme brulee for desert. The meal was okay, not bad at all. I honestly have better food at Outback Steakhouse. The view can't be beat though and it was worth it. We were there during the sunset- I highly recommend this time of day.

Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Solid bet in Redondo”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The ocean view here is great--you are right on the water, and it's lit at night so you can watch the surf! Food was well prepared, good service. There may be more unique choices--this is a chain--but I truly enjoyed our dinner here.

Visited January 2013
Cobham, United Kingdom
“fabulous food and views”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This may cost a little bit more but its worth every penny. absolutely brilliant steaks and seafood. absolutely brilliant beach views - even at night because they throw lights out onto the beach. Its very romantic. there were four of us (non romantic) and we all adored it. We arrived very close to closing time but they did not hurry us one little bit - no pressure at all. Perfect service too.

• Visited September 2012