“Best margaritas around”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Best margaritas around”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I visited this restaurant on my first trip to Redondo Beach. The margaritas are wonderful. The homemade margarita mix really makes the difference. My husband loves the grilled fish tacos. I love the corn chowder. Now that we live in the area it's a regular place we take guests to eat. The decor looks about like they bought every tacky tourist item on a trip to Mexico and displayed it. In one word... fantastic. I can't say enough about how much we adore this restaurant. It's definately worth trying.

5 Thank Lafondatravels

Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Family-Friendly Dine-In Mexican in RB”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a perennial favorite of my family. We no longer live in the area, but it is the one place my wife head to on a date on our frequent visits, and our kids get as excited about it as we do. They have dubbed it "The Dolphin Restaurant" because of the dolphin sculpture near the entrance that has a built-in bowl filled with Starburst - a unique and refreshing change from the typical mints most places offer. The atmosphere is fairly loud, but comfortable. If you want a quiet seat, there are a few near the back door, and the outside patio dining is also a bit quieter (portable heaters keep it plenty comfortable even during the winter). The decor is 100% So.Cal. beach them -- mounted sportfish, surfboards, and related items cover the walls and hang from the ceilings. That along with the 2 fish tanks are plenty to distract fidgety kids while waiting for your food to be served. Speaking of the food, there are a handful of great kids' menu options. My wife and I prefer the steak fajitas. They come served with corn or flour tortillas, choice of sides, and a heaping skillet of tender steak slices and mixed veggies (assorted peppers & onions). There is plenty for us to each have 2 or more heaping servings. Everything else we've had there has been equally satisfying. Oh, and one other positive element - they seem to have very loyal staff, giving the place an even warmer welcome. Highly recommended!

7 Thank Brad S
California
“Worth the wait! Best Fish Tacos in RB”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I love fish tacos. The grilled fish tacos at Riviera are better than the other fish taco places I have tried in Redondo Beach, and there are quite a few. It is noisy in the restaurant (quieter on the patio - request a patio table when you make your reservation). The cooking quality is spotty - some days are better than others. Just by accident, I went one afternoon during happy hour. The fish tacos were the best - tender chunks of fish, grilled with some browning on the edges, slightly smoky flavor. Good sauce and zuni salad too. Excellent strawberry margaritas too (says my girlfriend)

6 Thank markinRB