“Avoid the tourist trap”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The food is overpriced, and overcooked.. Although the view is nice with the beach crashing in, the food stinks. The restaraunt is dark, and neon lights. The only good thing is the window view of the beach.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Just plain bad. Poor food, no real view, run down. A definite tourist dive for people who do not know good food or have a sense of value. We went with a group and did not know till we were trapped by politeness. Will never go back.

Reviewed August 29, 2009

I believe Tony's Fish Market has closed (New Tony's). I have been going to Old Tony's for over 45 years and have always enjoyed it.

Yesterday I had a friend stay with me who used to live here in the South Bay and hadn't been there in years, so we went. Up until yesterday, I had never had a bad meal there. We both splurged and ordered lobster ($50+). It comes with bread, soup, and salad.

The salad was just greens and nothing else except dressing. I had the salmon soup. Tasted like eating a thick white sauce - no flavor at all. I am sure it had salmon in it because it was advertised as salmon soup, but all I saw were some tiny red flecks that could have been anything. My friend had the clam chowder and didn't eat most of it. The bread was just bread. Good for feeding the seagulls who were perched n the ledge beside our table.

Our main entree came. The lobster was big, but not very flavorful and it was tough. There was really no taste either to the drawn butter. My side dish was fettuccini with clam sauce. Again, it was like eating thick white sauce and again I saw flecks of something that could have been clams.

The service was wonderful!

The original Tony died a few years ago and the restaurant is now in the hands of his children. Kids - please read this and wake up. It is not good anymore. And for the price, absolutely ridiculous!

3  Thank fisher6188
Reviewed January 5, 2009

This is a typical old pier/seafood/italian restaurant....The fishy smell, uneven flooring, cramped restrooms and dark decor are all part of its charm. The food wasn't great, except for my minestrone (rocked!). The pasta and sauce was heavy, but it was edible. The service was attentive even for New Year's Eve. It was the Mai Tai that made my night! You can tell it is their specialty...and if you've never tried a Mai Tai, this is a great place to start. I didn't know this until the waitress offered to wrap it, but you get to keep the souvenir glass (charming!) So if you are going for the ambience vs. fine dining, this is a great spot. Go upstairs for drinks and you get a nice view of the pier and boardwalk and water.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I took my father out for Ftahers Day here. I ordered the blackened red snapper, which was fabulous and they have the BEST mai tai ever

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook