“Good Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #22 of 298 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have never been to a Joe's Crab Shack and I thought the seafood was good for a chain restaurant. Great atmosphere and outdoor seating. It can get a bit noisy though. Service was good, although it took about 40 minutes to get our food.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice view, large tables outside. Corn on cob was way over cooked, waitress was in a rush to get us out of there, place was empty. Over priced for the quality of the food in my opinion. Typical cookie cutter seafood place.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Love Joes crab shack, nice view of bay and excellent food.Very busy so service was slow but well worth the wait. Very relaxing place.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went to Joe's Crab Shack while on a business trip. I was by myself so I was seated in the bar area as it was pretty busy. This was my Birthday so I wanted something that I don't usually get, which is steamed crab. You had to pay $4 just to park in their own parking lot to eat. I ordered the Queen Crab Bucket. When it arrived, there were two clusters in the bucket. One had all of it's legs, although, the ends were broken off of every last one of them. The other "cluster" consisted of the body half and one, yes, one leg attached. There were a couple of other random legs in the bucket. I asked the waitress if this was normal. She looked at, said no it isn't, and said she would have them make me a new one. 20 minutes later... a new bucket arrived which was in much better condition. The crab was pretty tasty. I just felt like they didn't try to pay that much attention since I was a single. I didn't expect a meal for free, but taking off the dessert might have been a nice gesture. If I were to go back to California, and Hermosa Beach, I would probably avoid this place.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had been looking forward to a crab feast here; having enjoyed one in a similar establishment in Florida (Crab Palace, Orlando). Similar building, atmosphere, etc. Joe's was empty when we arrived so we decided to sit on the covered oceanview terrace; it being a very hot day. I asked for the crab and salad my wife had a pasta dish. We didnt really enjoy either - neither really fulfilling our expectations of a hearty meal. Portions were on the small side and rather disappointing - perhaps we ordered the wrong food. Not good value compared to other places serving the same food; perhaps relying too much on the name and hype. Merchandise (t-shirts, etc) equally overpriced considering you were paying to be a walking ad for the place.