“Nice view, great food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Yucapia
“Nice view, great food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Love Joes crab shack, nice view of bay and excellent food.Very busy so service was slow but well worth the wait. Very relaxing place.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bel Air, Maryland
“Joe's Crab Shack - Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went to Joe's Crab Shack while on a business trip. I was by myself so I was seated in the bar area as it was pretty busy. This was my Birthday so I wanted something that I don't usually get, which is steamed crab. You had to pay $4 just to park in their own parking lot to eat. I ordered the Queen Crab Bucket. When it arrived, there were two clusters in the bucket. One had all of it's legs, although, the ends were broken off of every last one of them. The other "cluster" consisted of the body half and one, yes, one leg attached. There were a couple of other random legs in the bucket. I asked the waitress if this was normal. She looked at, said no it isn't, and said she would have them make me a new one. 20 minutes later... a new bucket arrived which was in much better condition. The crab was pretty tasty. I just felt like they didn't try to pay that much attention since I was a single. I didn't expect a meal for free, but taking off the dessert might have been a nice gesture. If I were to go back to California, and Hermosa Beach, I would probably avoid this place.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Distinctly ordinary”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had been looking forward to a crab feast here; having enjoyed one in a similar establishment in Florida (Crab Palace, Orlando). Similar building, atmosphere, etc. Joe's was empty when we arrived so we decided to sit on the covered oceanview terrace; it being a very hot day. I asked for the crab and salad my wife had a pasta dish. We didnt really enjoy either - neither really fulfilling our expectations of a hearty meal. Portions were on the small side and rather disappointing - perhaps we ordered the wrong food. Not good value compared to other places serving the same food; perhaps relying too much on the name and hype. Merchandise (t-shirts, etc) equally overpriced considering you were paying to be a walking ad for the place.

• Visited April 2013
Zeeland, Michigan
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Reasonable prices, staff wants to make your experience great. Wait staff changes tables often so it is very possible that your party will not be checked on often unless you chase them down. But - management will definitely take care of any problems your party encounters

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fun, upbeat and Great Crab!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Brought my relatives from Japan here and they reallllly enjoyed it! They wanted the Hands-in-the-Bucket experience. King Crab and Queen Crab were the hit. The Crab dip appetizer was recommended by the waiter and was also delicious. We sat in the bar and the whole staff was very attentive. If you are looking for somewhere fun to take out of town guest...this is it!

• Visited March 2013