“The entertainment and friendliness bring it over the top for a good evening.”

Samba Brazilian Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #90 of 298 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Beryl St.
Description: This isn't your average Brazilian Steakhouse! A dizzying array of sizzling, fire-roasted meats ranging from Picanha (Brazilian top sirloin), Pork Tenderloin to savory sausages, chicken and lamb are skewered, slowly roasted over an open flame and then expertly carved right at your table. And as if that wasn't enough,we've paired our succulent meats with an extensive buffet featuring salads and freshly prepared hot and cold side dishes. Churrascaria roughly translates from the Portuguese word for barbecue and is a centuries old culinary tradition. At Samba, we honor the traditional rodizio feast, while infusing it with new and unexpected tastes inspired by the pulse and energy of Brazilian culture.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Brazilian steakhouses are always fun - especially if you are a meat eater on a low carb diet like myself or a girl who grew up on a farm, like my friend who accompanied me. The meats are diverse and tasty and the young men who serve the various choices all are exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. The hostess and the server were all smiles. We thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Brazilian dancers and the music that was provided. While some of the choices were a little overcooked or lacking the "wow" factor, 90% of the meats were awesome especially the lamb, tri-tip. garlic steak and herb steak. The deserts, made in house, truly deliver and the coffee was amazing. They have a full bar available also. In the end it was a night enjoyed as we experienced over a two hour meal. The only issue I had was with reservations. The online system showed no tables available and when I called I was told they were "probably" full and I couldn't get a table. I had to insist they look a little harder and the found one. If they hadn't done that, they wouldn't have gained a new customer. Overall, a good time. Even with validated parking, have a few extra dollars because parking isn't free, just discounted.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My first churrascurrias experience. Loved the pepper steak. wasn 't a fan of the meat with bones in it(chicken) and really didn't like the ribs.the dancers were fun and fabulous. the view of the sun setting over the ocean is super, so it's a nice seaside location.

2  Thank mzungu f
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have visited a few Brazilian style restaurants before and have enjoyed more than this one. The location we were seated in was away from everyone else so it took 15 - 20 mins before the servers even knew we were there. We had to ask the waitress that was serving our drinks to ask them to bring us some food (even with the green light showing) Once we got them to start serving us they wouldn't stop even when showing red! The variety wasn't the greatest and the meats weren't of the best quality. It was ok but have definately had better.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love brasilian churrascarias and have been to probably everyone within 10 miles of LA. All of the meats were delicious fresh and juicey as i went for the full buffet around dinner. The salad bar could use a little more flavor, especially the rice. I took my father and son for dinner during the samba performance ... they loved it. I loved the ocean view and watching the sunset. Great date location, not a first date guys!.. its a buffet. Lol. Ill definetly return for the view and food for the price. Booths could use updating. The only better place ive been was Fogo de Chao, but they are expensive.

1  Thank blfranks
Reviewed September 10, 2012

As a Brazilian it is hard to find a authenticBrazilian restaurant outside Brazil. I would say the Samba one in Redondo Beach is one of the best but still need a lot to improve. The aipirinhas (brazilian national drink) needs a huge kick. It tasted like lemonade and you never find weak caipirinhas in Brazil. The farofa taste like sand. They need to add gralig, onions, more flavor. Thais not an authentic farofa. The black benas the same. Needs more "tempero" Garling, onios, bay leaves. etc. The picanha (a famous steak cut in brasil ) was very good, the costela (rib) too. Overall the meat was good but in an authentic brazilian churrascaria (steak house) there are much more selection, e.g. chicken heart, shrimp, fish. Anywyas, if I would crave a Brazilian churrasco and Im too lazy to cook I would go to the Samba place in Redondo Beach but they need to improve several things in order to attrack Brazilians. The service was very good. The locatione is beautiful