“Delicious vegetarian food your carnivore friends will love!”
Review of The Green Temple

The Green Temple
Ranked #40 of 298 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants. I LOVE the tofu sauce, which is included in many of the dishes. Even my carnivorous friends love it. I’ve even learned to make it at home and it seriously makes just about everything better! I don’t think you can go wrong with anything you order on the menu at Green Temple. Some of my favorite dishes are Tofu Steamers, Babamut and Savory Gold. The White Lasagna ranks right up there, too. Also, they make a great lemon fizz beverage. If you’re looking for casual dining with colorful, Moroccan-themed décor and DELICIOUS, healthy food, Green Temple is the place to go.

1  Thank Jennifer C
There are newer reviews for The Green Temple

Reviewed December 31, 2011

A funky but fun decor both indoor and out door seating. They serve vegetarian dishes only, although, some dishes have eggs and dairy in the ingredient. Service can sometimes be slow but not noticeable because of the cozy atmosphere and visual entertainment. The food is good although the last couple of times I noticed that it was a little bland in flavors. You can also order food to go. Always hot and if somethings not right they appreciate communicating your unsatisfactory order without excuses and be happy to make it right. Good customer service.

1  Thank BlueWaterFun
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The ambiance is warm and friendly. The food is creative, savory, highly nutritious and addictive (in a good way). Going to TGT is a special event in my family and we do it often.

1  Thank gkirma
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We did not realize that the restaurant does not serve alcohol and we felt like a drink so we nearly decided to leave, butmI remembered how good the reviews were so we decided to give it a go. Extremely happy we decided to stay, the food was excellent and we really wish that we had found this restaurant on our first night here, not our last night. Highly recommend this restaurant. Try the berry and lemon pie, delicious.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

There used to be a day spa next door, so you could get a relaxing massage followed by a healthy and delicious meal at the GT and then enter the door off the courtyard to the gift shop for a candle or other delight.

The atmosphere will transport you to a serene zen haven with the buddha waterfall in the courtyard and dining wings decorated with morrocanesque tapestries and lightly curtained with colorful sheer fabrics.

The menu offers a wide variety of vegetarian cuisine, from salads to lasagna to enchiladas. The tofu sauce is really special and worth a visit just for that. My husband and I are not vegetarians, but we always enjoy the food here. It's filling and it's delicious. No bland and boring food here.

The only disappoint for me has been the service. It surprises me how many reviews have given accolades for the excellent service, since I've rarely, if ever, had someone greet me promptly at the entrance and lead me to a table. Some of the servers are lacking in personality and often seem to be unable to keep up with the number of tables since they forget to come back and check on you or refill your drink. I find the service slow and uninspiring. However, it doesn't keep me away, although I might visit more often if the service were better and quicker.

Overall, this is a delightful restaurant that I would refer to anyone and everyone