“Delicious”

Handel's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Redondo Beach
Description: Welcome! Since 1945 Handel's Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt is made fresh every day on the premises. We use products, equipment, methods and recipes exclusive only to Handel's. Each batch is made in freezers specifically designed to create Handel's distinctively smooth and creamy texture. Our philosophy is to use the best ingredients available, and always in abundance. WE NEVER SKIMP! Handful after handful of fresh nuts, creamy caramel, rich dark chocolate, fresh fruits or marshmallows are poured into individual batches as they are drawn from the machine. This exemplifies the special care given to preserve the whole identity, flavor, and quality of each premium ingredient used. Handel's truly enjoys a rich history and a tradition of excellence. What makes Handel's so good? Plenty of T.L.C. goes into every scoop!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The ice cream is rich, yet light. I know that sounds like a contradiction. But, the flavor is rich, while the texture is light. I had Mint Chocolate Chip in a cone. I think I'll be back for more.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The problem wit a superb Chocolate Ice Cream like the one in Handel´s is that you really want to stick only to Chocolate, I tried several other all excellent but I keep going to get more Chocolate
The second best for me Coffee

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Handel's ice cream is creamy, dense, and super sweet.

My daughter and I sampled a few flavors - which were graciously offered - before settling on s'mores and cake batter.

We tried black raspberry (a beautiful color but better as a yogurt flavor), pistachio (lots of nuts), graham cracker (tastes just like graham crackers), and coconut cream pie (creamy coconut with a chunk of pie dough or pineapple, not sure which).

The s'mores is our favorite with big chunks of dark chocolate, mini marshmallows, and marshmallow cream.

The store is in an unattractive strip mall with Corner Bakery, Garlic Jims pizza, and a grocery store. There is plenty of free parking.

Handel's does not have an interior; you order at outside windows and eat your ice cream at a few outdoor tables.

My daughter had a single scoop on a sugar cone. The scoop was really large. The ice cream is not served super hard and frozen which helps make it easier to taste the flavor - it also melted down the sides of the cone quickly!

Of all the ice cream I have eaten, Handel's is the sweetest.

1  Thank pricklypoppy
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Seriously, this is some freaking delicious ice cream. Even on a cold (relatively) winter day, it's tasty. The flavor choices are incredible..all homemade right on the premises. On Tuesdays, the cones are $2...'Two Buck Tuesdays'. The servers are great and will allow you to taste a flavor if you don't know what to pick. There are a lot of other ice cream items from which to choose, but we always just get a cone, unless we are feeling adventurous and decadent which is when we'll go to SPLIT a banana split.

My husband always seems to get the most chocolatey flavors they have, but I like to try a bunch of different flavors. The Buckeye was tasty - balls of peanut butter dipped in chocolate. The pistachio wasn't bad - could have been a little more flavorful, but LOTS of nuts...so yum.

Even plain old strawberry is very delicious as is their vanilla.

Easy to get to (off of Prospect by St. Lawrence) and plenty of parking.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a blessing (and belly curse) to have one of the only two Handel's ice cream stands in So Cal here in Redondo Beach. According to National Geographic's 10 Best of Everything list, Handel's (with most stores in the central states) ranks above the best that France, Italy, Cuba and the rest of the world (including US) has to offer. My favorite flavor is Banana Cream Pie (which tastes exactly like its name, only colder). My wife loves Graham Central Station. I've never had a flavor I didn't like. The single scoop ice cream cone is $3.25 (except $2 on Tuesdays) but is actually two scoops and allows you to mix two different flavors. You can go to the Handel's website and immediately get emailed a one-time 48-hour coupon (which you have to print) for a free ice cream cone.

3  Thank TravelMan90277