“Good for a day out with a friend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tapas and Vino
Ranked #73 of 293 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Spanish, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Angeles
“Good for a day out with a friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Odd atmosphere, but perfect for a casual day out with a date or a friend. Spacious, fenced-in patio, which is really nice for a day out in Riviera Village.

Decent sangria, and delicious tapas that you can keep ordering over a long hang-out. A little pricey, but typical for the area.

I didn't order a meal, so I can't rate one, sorry!

Visited May 2013

Redondo Beach, California
“Amazing Atmosphere Always the triple AAA!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying the food is excellent, everything we've had here is excellent, my favorite, the artichoke, then Lamb Lollipops, Pear Salad, and most of all the limoncello dessert, was excellent, I can't wait to go back again so that I don't have to share my dessert.

Then, we went on a Friday and this saxophone player was amazing, it just really made the night. That's why I say the atmosphere is awesome, the fire pit, very romantic for first dates. I would highly recommend this place, I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited April 2013
“Awesome lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had the most amazing lunch at Tapas and Vino today. Started with a potato soup (sounds ordinary but wait ...) with cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions. Each ingredient added zip and flavour to the dish, all blended together well but also had their own voice. Really excellent. This was followed by roasted red, yellow and candy cane beets with a honey mustard vinagrette. Wouldn't normally have something like this but it was terrific. Main course was Mahi-Mahi with a coconut crust, plantains, and a mango sauce. Incredible. I really loved it. A thoroughly satisfying, absolutely glorious meal. Go!!!

• Visited November 2012
Stow, Ohio
“Super location, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were guests at a wedding rehearsal dinner at this restaurant. They have a nice, covered "patio" in the front...well guarded so you don't have to compete with the birds! :)

Visited October 2012
Redondo Beach, California
“Cakeage fee not apprectiated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

So sorry to say...three strikes and you are OUT. The location is great...the best thing about it is the outside patio on Catalina..it's very comfortable. However they are not getting a handle on the service and what is important...and that would be..their customers. They completely miss the mark on that. We are not high maintenence people but we've been there 3 times and have had some kind of issue 3 times...from service..or lack of it...to what happened today.
The server was great. We had 6 people..happy hour apps and drinks for a birthday celebration. The food was pretty good although the pizza's taste a little bit like frozen pizza's...but the salads are very good. Our bill was 130.00 and we had brought a cake for the birthday girl and plates. They brought the cake out and we cut it and served it. When we got the bill they had added 12.00 for this. They had never informed us of this at any time and when we asked about it the server consulted the manager and she said sorry but she couldn't do anything about it. The manager never appeared or talked to us about it which I think is very poor management. Was it worth that 12.00 worth it to them? Doubt it. That move lost them 6 people for sure and and everyone we TELL about it. Bad management. I won't spend a penny more here ever. Done.

• Visited September 2012