“Great place to eat with friends”
Review of Turquoise

Turquoise
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 296 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best Organic Restaurant in Redondo Beach. Online Ordering Service available from our website (turquoisela) - Powered By Clorder
Los Angeles
“Great place to eat with friends”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We started our evening early; beating the dinner crowd, we got a cozy table by the window at Turquoise Restaurant. This stylish restaurant in Redondo Beach Riviera Village enjoys a gentle breeze blowing off the ocean just blocks away. What a perfect evening to catch up with friends and family. It was one of those small memorable nights, no earth shattering event or revelation, just good food, good company and good conversation. Turquoise was an intricate part of this perfect evening.

Ruy, our waiter, recommended a delicious Spanish Grenache to go with Hummus and Baba Ganoush appetizers. Quick in wit and full of suggestions, Ruy provided us with insightful recommendations to the menu. My choice was the Lamb Kabob, a skewer of generous cubes of tender lamb meat delicately sear marked on the outside and deliciously pink on the inside. This came with basmati rice and grilled veggies, both of which were great complements to the lamb.

Mid meal, Hameed, the proprietor, looked in on us. I had been watching him earlier in the evening as he directed and nudged both his wait staff and chefs - I could tell he wanted no less than the perfect evening for his customers. Hameed revealed that this was his first restaurant and that his chefs creates their magic with directions from himself and his brother. Periodically, Hameed would return to our table to make sure that everything was ok. Toward the end of our meal, Hameed apparently did not like the look of the espresso served to me, a couple minutes later he came by and set a fresh Demitasse of espresso in front of me and said "I made this one for you, enjoy". Indeed the espresso was excellent, robust and slightly spicy, but then I thought the first one was also good.

The total bill was about $125 for the four of us. Not a bad price to pay for a perfect evening.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank 5ZVP

Columbus, Ohio
“Organic and Blue Zone Certified!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As a Health Coach, I was intrigued by the Blue Zone certification. I dined outdoors by myself and received very attentive service. The food was pricey but superb. I order grilled swordfish with roasted veggies. Very pleasant dining experience. It also felt good to support a restaurant the is doing the right thing rather than offering empty calories.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Patsy D
RedondoBeach
“Great Lamb!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We went a few month after they first opened. It was so so... we went back a few weeks ago and the food was really good. especially the Lamb dish. Outstanding! The veggie on my plate arrived a bit cold, but the lamb was so good that it did not matter anymore!
Very friendly staff as well.

Visited December 2011
West Hartford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must-order-lentil-soup”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

In my four day visit to family in Redondo Beach, we dined here twice. While the Redondo area has lots of fine restaurants, I wanted a second order of the lentil soup, so the second visit was at my request. The organic and natural Mediterranean food is thoughtfully and tastefully prepared, and several of the recipes have been handed down from the owner's grandmother. The owner is available to discuss ingredients, pairings and wines, and for general conversation, and ensures a wonderful and personalized dining experience.

• Visited November 2011