“Menu and Drinks Excel”
Review of Ortega 120

Ortega 120
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortega 120 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 312 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palo Verdes
Transit: Many stops are located around us.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Each time I have tried this place I have liked it more. The drinks have a kick and the food is great.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ortega 120 is by far the best Mexican Restaurant I have eaten. I am not really a very big fan of mexican food in general, but hats off to this place. My husband and I ordered their calimari appetizer and it was so tender and flavorful ! My fish tacos were out of this world and the Margarita made my knees wobble ! The Caipirinha I had after was made to perfection.
The staff, I think Carlos was our waiter, was very attentive and friendly.
We will be back soon !

Reviewed December 30, 2012

WOW.... WOW ... WOW

Think of Senor Frogs in Mazatlan ... Carlos & Charlie's in Puerto Vallarta. OK... nobody dancing on tables, but it has a great vibe

Best part.... FOOD IS AMAZING!. They have this well known chef dude "Ortega" whipping up some great twists to traditional Mexican food. Don't even try to compare Panchos, Paco, Casa Sanchez & any other Mex restuarant to Ortega's.
Mole Ribs...Tierra y Mar....forget about it!!!

2nd best part....DRINKS AR AMAZING! The manager (forget her name) whips up some wild margaritas that will blow you away.
REAL PALOMAS!!! Its amazing how many mexican places don't even carry Squirt...let alone knows what the hell a Paloma is.
Tequilla...... dahhhh. Its called Ortega 120... 120 different tequillas

WORST PART: Ortega's is too damn far from the westside. If I lived in South Bay, I would be there weekly. Cause of the drive, we only frequent for special occasions.

2  Thank Hflores001
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited there last night (Mon Nov 12)with a large group (about 30). The seating was in a separate room up front that was nice. We got chips, salsa & water quickly. Then margaritas came and then we waited and waited fir then to take our orders, 45 minutes later that orders were served, luke-warm (if not cold). it's challenging to serve 30 people hot meals, but that is THEIR proglem.

Stay away

1  Thank jimmyjohn456
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a most upsetting experience last night. Were enjoying near the end of our dinner when the mgr told us they have a reservation for our table and we would have to move. We weren't done yet! Then she said the restaurant owner has a 2-hour time limit policy and we have been here for 3 hours. We had only been there at that time for 1-1/2 hours. The mgr, Stephanie, became rather confrontational with us about the length of our stay -- we were shocked! The girl at the check in podium lied about our arrival time saying we were seated at 5:07pm, when actually we didn't arrive at the restaurant until after 6:30pm. It is unacceptable to me to be treated like this at a restaurant where I had spent a considerable amount of money and tipped more than fairly. I will not go back to Ortega120 and would not recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank Elizabeth D