All reviews sea level cake pops rooftop pool mood lighting soaking tub lox crispy chicken steam shower manhattan beach deep bathtub perfect evening deck overlooking the marina relaxing days memory foam mattress opportunity for improvement deluxe king complimentary glass of champagne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On check in the girls at the reception desk were so lovely, friendly and helpful. They gave us a glass of champagne and chocolate....let us know about restaurants and were interested in why we were there. Our room overlooked the Marina and was just perfect. The Wi-Fi connect for my husband's computer was great...he was able to take care of business at his office. Their Sealove restaurant was delish. We would go back there over and over again. We also walked everywhere....other restaurants and sight seeing!!! The Shade Hotel is a jewel!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
MelissaMarcus, Manager at Shade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Josparklemum,

Congratulations on your 53rd Anniversary! We appreciate you choosing us to share your special day with and are happy you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate the feedback on the rooms, amenities and guest service and our Sea Level Restaurant. Hopefully we will see you for your 54th Anniversary or maybe sooner!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let’s be real, the location is perfect. Couldn’t be better. By the ocean, overlooking the boats. Love it. I love the design of the hotel too, it’s pretty new. Seems very classy. I love the parties they throw.

Dear Masha1810,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate it. We cannot wait to see you at our next celebration - we have a Pool Party on 9/30/18 that we hope you will attend!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed at the Shade Hotel Redondo Beach for a birthday getaway. This is a beautiful little hotel on the Marina in South Redondo. Its location is convenient for walking to restaurants in Hermosa Beach a few blocks away or the Redondo Beach Pier. The hotel is fairly new having been open about 2 years. The rooms are spacious, well-maintained, and very clean. All of the Marina side rooms have a large soaking tub on the balcony with complimentary bath salts. My third floor room had a sofa and two televisions as well as a king size bed. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower. At 54 rooms this is a boutique hotel where one can come to relax and escape daily life. There are open walkways as well as comfortable lounging areas on each floor. The rooftop deck with large jacuzzi is a great place to relax. The views are spectacular, especially at Sunset. The staff at the hotel are friendly, attentive and efficient. Everyone seems happy to be there from housekeeping and valets to the front desk. This is in sharp contrast to most hotels I've stayed at. Upon check-in Ian and Leo had the process complete and my room card to me within less than 5 minutes and Leo graciously offered to carry my bag to my room. The next day when I went downstairs to inquire about the complimentary bicycles and the special housekeeping program Angela and Jesse were very helpful and followed up with me to make sure there was nothing I needed. Shade offers a unique program wherein if you decline daily housekeeping service they plant a tree for every day of your stay. In addition they're having a limited-time promotion where you receive a token for a specialty cocktail at their restaurant. Shade also offers a complimentary continental breakfast to all of its guests, but both days of my stay I opted for the full service breakfast and my guests and I were not disappointed. Coupled with eating on the deck and enjoying the Marina breeze, the breakfast Pizza & Seafood omelette were delicious. Portions were generous. Our server Dominic was attentive. Service time was excellent and our orders were accurate. The excellent service apparently extends to all departments including the valet. As I live nearby I did not have my car with me but had friends coming and going and bringing me to and from the hotel. Anytime I would get out of the car with packages Eli the valet would offer to assist me. My two day's stay flew by. As with check in the checkout process was painless. Jessica and Betty took care of me and I was checked out in less than 5 minutes. Unlike most hotels I've stayed at I never noticed guests waiting in line at the front desk for anything. I can't wait to return again and recommend this hotel highly.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed every single minute in this resort style hotel. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. The room was absolutely gorgeous with the Marina view. You get to enjoy watching the sunset while taking a hot bath in the balcony. The room was super clean and provided with everything you’d need in your stay!
Definitely will come again here!
Thank you Angela and Emely for your hospitality!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for the kind review! We are thrilled Angela and Emely made an impact on your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week. We were welcomed by a very helpful and kind Leo who provided all needed for our stay. The room was ocean facing with a great view.
We enjoyed every moment of our vacation. Service was excellent at the hotel, bar and restaurant

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
MelissaMarcus, Manager at Shade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear gughifinetti,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Leo's service and your overall stay! We hope you will join us again soon.

Safe Travels,