“Not worth the high prices.”
Review of Caprice Cafe

Caprice Cafe
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
So. Cal
“Not worth the high prices.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

For starters, my husband and I chose to sit at the bar rather than dine on the patio as it was rather warm this particular evening. It had been years since we had been to Caprice and we thought it would be nice to mix things up for date night.

It was so warm in the bar area my husband asked me if they had the heat on. We started with the cheese plate as an appetizer and quickly decided we'd cut our meal short at Caprice. The cheese plate was smaller than the one served up the street at The Farm and was pricier. So we decided to order salads. Our salads were good, but not exceptional. Again, I've had better both here in Redlands and out of the area.

All in all, the glasses of wine, cheese tray, and two salads (neither with a protein, which could account for higher prices) cost us $100. I could think of other local establishments with better food and cooler temperatures for this amount of money. I don't think I would go back unless perhaps just for a cocktail.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank luv2btravln

Arizona
“Cheerful, fresh made, excellent!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Caprice Cafe is consistently excellent! Small inside dining room and great State Street patio. The best dishes and probably the best Scotch selection in Redlands. From the lentil soup to the chinois salad to the Pablano Chile to delightful specials. The cod special on 6/8/2103 was particularly stunning. Bright fresh flavors that work well together and make you happy!

• Visited June 2013
Redlands, California
“Best of the "higher-end" restaurants in town”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'd had lunch here a few times but had my first dinner at Caprice last week.

The setting isn't perfect, being inside of an indoor shopping area with a curtain for a door and a shared bathroom, but once you're inside you can hardly tell the difference.

Beet salad, Greek Salad and squid appetizers were all wonderful. Some thought the beets were the best they'd ever had.

Entrees I sampled from the people with me included prawn risotto and the pasta ribbons with pesto. Both were great. The pasta was fresh and the cheese was very high quality. I had the Loch Duart Salmon, which is possibly the best, most perfectly-cooked piece of salmon I have ever had.

Wait staff was very accommodating and polite.

Six people had 4 appetizers, 6 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 beers, 6 cocktails, and 2 soft beverages and we got out of there for about 400 bucks after a generous tip. It was a bargain for so special a meal.

• Visited June 2013
Malmo, Sweden
“Where else?”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I love Caprice Café! Where else can you get bone marrow as a starter???? The menu is always imaginative and well balanced at the same time.

• Visited May 2013
grand terrace
“Quality Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Caprice has become our family place for birthdays and special gatherings because of the great food selections, excellent food tastes, and good service

Visited July 2012

Been to Caprice Cafe? Share your experiences!