TripAdvisor
Redlands
Post
Inbox
Search

“GREAT VALUE BUT BE PREPARED TO WAIT FOR IT”
Review of The Eating Room

The Eating Room
Ranked #21 of 275 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here for breakfast and the food when delivered was very good and reasonably priced. A huge range of options but ut took nearly and hour before we received our food. It was a Sunday mmorning but i am not sure i would revisit given the deays.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I had an omelet, my wife had scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. The eggs were fluffy and light. The bacon was crispy and substantial. The omelet was very good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019

We had a short wait for two on this lovely Sunday afternoon. While waiting for a table we picked up some sweets in the space next to the dining rooms. The menu offered us so many choices it was a difficult decision, but last time (in January) I had salad which was very good, so today I went for the Frisco Burger with wedge fries. The burger was great, no overdone, the sour dough bread was nicely grilled and the whole thing was dripping good. The fries were seasoned lightly and very tasty, soft insides and just a bit of crisp on the outside. The server offered me a to go cup for my ice tea, which was appreciated. We too know this place as Martha Green's Eating Room. We had great service and the place was full. We were not hurried. We were really pleased with our visit and left with enough left overs for dinner tonight.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I think this place is also known as Martha Greenes, had lunch here and the burgers were fabulous. A varied menu with something for everyone. The mac n cheese balls were not a hit, but the burger w bacon & porcini mushroom was filled with flavor. Grandma had a burger on sourdough with cheese & she loved it too. My breakfast burrito at lunch was delish but not as filling as the burgers. Service was good and gracious. Comfortable atmosphere, all indoor.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I remember years ago when she was in the drug store and was really good and good personal service. Have been to the new place some time back and it was so so. Thought I would try today for breakfast, took awhile to get served and had to ask bus boy for coffee.
Placed order, eggs Benedict and arrived not too long. Made with ham log instead of Canadian bacon. Large portion of ham and sauce. Eggs were done just right, but Hash browns and muffin tasted like old stale grease. Sauce not so good . Waitress never did come back to offer some more coffee, another waitress went by twice with coffee but never stopped even when I held up my cup. Ambience nice and lots of customers apparently like this place, but food not good to me and way over priced. Waitress had dissapeared and had to get up and head for cashier before finally got check. May be the in place to go, but not for me.

Date of visit: September 2018