“Better than Iron Chef Morimoto!”
Review of Sushi Kimo

Sushi Kimo
Ranked #53 of 229 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Riverside, California
“Better than Iron Chef Morimoto!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We have been enjoying Sushi Kimo for years, but recently gained an even greater appreciation for the quality we have so casually come to expect. We traveled to Napa recently and decided to splurge on a meal at Iron Chef Morimoto's. We expected a truly outstanding meal and we got one. We also came to realize what a treasure we have right here in Redlands. While Morimoto's was excellent and had a few froo froo twists like bacon foam on the gyoza, the fact is Sushi Kimo's fish is fresher, his presentation is just as nice, his menu is more extensive and authentic and the service and ambiance is warmer and more welcoming. What's not to like.? A truly five star experience!

southern california
“Love Kimo's Sushi”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Kimo-san is a true sushi master. His fish is fresh, beautifully prepared - just plain great. This is not "designer" sushi - we are talking classics here. In addition to sushi, he also does great non-sushi Japanese dishes. His torio options - fish, or meat, or veggies done three different ways - are always fun. He does some great Japanese salads, and the standby Japanese tempura and teriyaki are good too. I have sushi-loving friends who will eat no place else when they come to Redlands. If your prefer trendy, you may want to head to Mikan or Niko-Niko, but for absolutely great sushi at the hands of a master, this is your place!

• Visited September 2011
Riverside, California
“Outstanding Sushi!”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Sushi Kimo is the best Japanese sushi restaurant in the world - really! The fish is fresh and amazingly prepared. Sweet shrimp, urchins, lobster and other live specimens are prepared upon request. The selection is outstanding. Tuesday and Friday are the best nights for dinner because that is when the fish is freshest and the greatest variety is on hand. I have also never had better gyoza than they make here. It is tender and delicious. Service is great too. A wonderful place to spend an evening.

Redlands, CA
“Don't know what went wrong”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I don't know if I just went on a bad day, but I had the worst sushi I have ever had at Sushi Kimo. Everything tasted like it was going bad. This was not only my opinion, as I was with one other person and he said so even before I did. It seemed like they normally would have had fresh ingredients, but that maybe we were getting the "bottom of the barrel" so to speak. Even if this was the case, it shouldn't have been served if it was going to turn out that bad. The only thing positive I have to say is that the atmosphere was nice. The final word is: I'm not going back unless I can be assured that everything will be fresh.

Los Angeles
“BEST Sushi in the IE”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Absoultely the closet experience to typical Japanese Sushi Bars in Japan... Kmo's is fantastic...

Been to Sushi Kimo? Share your experiences!