Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We stayed fro one night while traveling to Palm Springs. The hotel was in a good location for the freeway and there is a marie Calanders and Ihop next door, which is useful becuase the hotel does not have a restaurant.
The rooms were really nice, however we were kept awake by a family screaming and shouting next door. The walls are very thin so please be aware of this.
The pool area was really nice and the complementary breakfast was was good. On the whole it was a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
CIS-RedlandsMgmt, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Dear BUSTYBREEZER;

Thank you for your wonderful review about our property. I see that when traveling you only stay in 'nothing but the best' and are truly delighted that you choose to stay with us as a place to rest your head before continuing on your journey to Palm Springs. We are aware of the issues of the noise and are diligently working on different ways to resolve the issue. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our heated outdoor pool and able to start your day off right with our hot buffet breakfast. I look forward to your next visit should your travels bring you back into the area.

Lina Hou,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Redlands for business (I work for a Contemporary Christian Music Station) on and off for two years (well over a hundred stays). The hotel is the best value for the money I can find in the Inland Empire. The rooms are all very clean, the hotel is new, and the location has easy access to and from the I-10 and the I-215. There are a variety of rooms and suites for both business and professional travelors. The internet is free. I am on a first name basis with almost all of the staff, and I have never had one of them be disagreeable with me for any reason, nor have I seen any of them be disagreeable with any other guests or staff.

From my perspective, it is a quiet clean hotel. That is not to say that it is removed from restaurants and entertainment. There are several restaurants within a mile of the hotel, some as close as across the street. I have only heard one loud noise in all my (100+) stays in a room on either side of my own. I have heard families or children walking down the halls on a few occasions, but I don't know any hotel where I would not hear that. I have met many other guests at this hotel during the last two years, and I have never met anyone here of questionable morality or provocative dress.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2009

The construction of the building is poor at best. The outside and lobby are very pretty but there is no sound proofing between rooms. We stayed in the hotel so we could visit family in Redlands so when we came to our room in the evening we were hoping to sleep. We had two small children with us. The first night we were woken up by a loud family that moved into the room next to us. We realized that the problem was not their loudness, it was the fact there was NO soundproofing. The next night about 3-4 couples moved into the room next to us and started having sex very loudly for a couple hours. You could hear EVERY sound and it was very upsetting given we had a 9 year old and 2 year old who kept asking what was going on. We asked to be moved and they moved us to a UNCLEANED room with torn apart and slept in sheets. By this time my family was in tears and very upset so we left the hotel. They still charged us even though we never slept there and only spent two hours in our room that night. The front desk found it amusing but I was rather upset and my health suffered quite a bit from the experience. I've traveled the world from Hawaii to Japan and this was the worse experience traveling I ever had.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kf6ycb
Countryinnsuites, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2009

Dear Guest ~

I was very dissapointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. Our guests are the most important part of our job. I want to apologize for the noise in the room next to you. It certainly was not appropriate, especially when traveling with young children.

Donna Jutkins

Reviewed November 15, 2008

We booked this hotel after walking out of another one close by. This was a lovely hotel, with very spacious rooms and everywhere was immaculate. There was a continental breakfast included with rate which was ample for to start your day. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, and beside these there are large stores, something for everyone. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy that you decided to stay with us. We are also much delighted that you called the Country Inn & Suites 'a gem' because we take pride in our rooms and our services that we offer.

Reviewed June 22, 2008

The hotel lived up to the positive reviews. Our room was large and comfortable. The staff were very helpful. I used the exercise facilities and the pool. Even though the hotel is located next to the interstate, you couldn't hear it by the pool.

The location is very convenient to a lot of shopping if you have left anything at home. There are also a good number of restaurants just on the other side of the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2008

The Country Inn is a nice hotel in Redlands where I stay when I travel for work. I can hardly think of anything negative about it.

My room was attractive and comfortable, especially the bed. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. The free wireless Internet access provides decent bandwidth and is easy to use. The refrigerator was quiet, and the fridge and microwave worked properly.

I forgot my comb, so the front desk provided me one with no hassle. I had a question about the bill, and they answered it quickly and correctly.

I did hear someone snoring in the next room for a few minutes one night, but that was the only noise I heard from outside my room when I was inside. I could not even hear the traffic on I-10, which is right next to the hotel!

The area seems safe, and there is plenty of parking. It is convenient to several restaurants and some shopping. However, I did not notice any grocery stores within walking distance.

The free breakfast is very good--bacon or sausage, eggs, muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, yogurt...and let's not forget my favorite, Belgian waffles! Apparently they put addictive chemicals in the waffle batter, because I kept wanting to eat more.

In every way, I highly recommend the Country Inn in Redlands.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2008

The Country Inn and Suites in Redlands was a pleasant place to stay for a short business trip. The hotel seemed new. The decorating was very nice. They had a free breakfast that included sausage, bacon, and eggs. Fresh waffles too! The coffee was horrible though, with these tiny styrofoam cups. There was an outdoor HEATED pool which I didn not get a chance to use however it was very inviting. I did use the fitness center which was nice with two treadmills and a bike. There were no free weights, however. The room was a king, whirlpool tub. The whirlpool was so large, I would never have filled it for fear of wasting water! There was a microwave, refridgerator, and a little sink area too. The bed was very comfortable. However, the walls are a little thin, and I could hear my neighbor in the next room snoring every morning around 3 am. Make sure you ask for a "quiet" room away from the highway. There is an IHOP next door and a country-themed brewery across the street for local eateries. As for value, the management would not honor our company-negotiated rate due to the fact that they were very booked, so I had to go over per diem. Another negative was there was a group of students staying there and the breakfast area was over-run with them and they made quite a mess. The breakfast worker was very sweet and accomodating and tried her best to keep up with the mess they were making! Otherwise a good choice!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
Good Nite Inn Redlands
Good Nite Inn Redlands
#4 of 9 in Redlands
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Loma Linda- San Bernardino S

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)? Share your experiences!