“For all the advertising hoopla, this hotel was not up to the promises.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
San Diego, California
“For all the advertising hoopla, this hotel was not up to the promises.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had booked my team of 7 at this hotel for onsite visits to nearby hospitals. Over the past few months, this team has been traveling throughout California assessing various health care facilities. We enjoy a hospitable hotel and while discerning are never expecting too much.

Upon arrival, we were pleased with our reception and our rooms - refrigerators, microwaves - a mini-suite. However, the beds had "comforters" rather than the more sanitary cotton duvet covers, which can be laundered with each new guest.

After returning to my room at around 5:30pm on the day after check-in, it wasn't cleaned. So I called the Front Desk. I got a chilly reception with this salutation: "Front Desk" - no name, no "how can I help you?". I said my room wasn't cleaned. Her response: "housekeeping leaves at 3pm". So I asked if my room would be cleaned and she repeated "housekeeping leaves at 3pm". I said "well, so, I'm pretty much out of luck?" She responded "I can send fresh towels". Not good.

I want my room cleaned.

Additionally, this hotel is in the San Bernardino area of Southern California - hot and dry. The hotel's convenience shop had NO BOTTLED WATER and TWO DIET PEPSI's as their offering for thirsty travelers not wanting to imbibe in San Bernardino County tap water. And, this was over the 2 night stay. Never replenished their stock. And when asked, the staff said "sorry we're out".

Not acceptable.

Live up to your promises "Country Inn and Suites". I travel nationally and internationally. I travel with a team. We won't be using your hotels again.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you want bottled water available for purchase, a room cleaned daily o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mamayer102
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I spent here 2 nights with my family. The hotel is very easy to find and they have a big parking lot.
The rooms are clean and old furnished but in the complex is good. Little overpriced for the quality of the stay.

They really need to work on service. No one attend us for the check in and we have to wait 20 minutes before somebody shows up. Also during the night the fire alarm went on and we had to move all out. Nobady of the management shows up and we had to wait the fire department to figure out what to do.
Thank go nothing severe.

I would not go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have been staying in Beaumont for about $70. but found this bargain just 15 miles down the road for about $90. The free happy hour consists of wine and beer with one hot hor'dourve and several cold items from 5 to 7 p m. The complementary breakfast includes cooked-to-order omelettes, serve-yourself scramled eggs, fresh fruit, fruit juice selection, cereals, bagles, bacon or sausage or biscuits and gravy and a selection of coffees and teas.......wow, what a deal!

Room Tip: We have stayed on all 3 floors and the rooms are all very large for this price range with hide-a-bed...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank justbsp
bcalvert, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed took advantage of all our amenities. We hope to see you when your travel brings you back to Redlands!
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you will be visiting Redlands during the four years your child will study at UoR, then make this your home base NOW! You won't regret it. On the contrary, you will look forward to travelling to Redlands to get to stay here. I just discovered it this past weekend when we were there for our daughter's college commencement and I booked a block of rooms in April after I'd had reservations somewhere else since January. Couldn't believe it wasn't sold out. I wish we had always stayed here. In all the four years of visiting her for homecoming weekend, moving her in and out, swim meets, etc,, we always stayed at other places on Colton which are fine however they are not as nice as this. Located just a 1/2 block from Colton at Alabama and convenient on ramp to the 10, the Country Inn & Suites is a lovely, spacious, relaxing, comfortable, quiet, convenient, updated, property that has all the amenities you could want like: hot breakfast buffet with omelettes cooked to order; wet bar with coffeemaker/fridge/micro; a sitting area in each room with pull out sofa; a business center with free printing; a nice cancellation policy 24 hours before arrival; UoR special rate. I was so proud to have my extended family in this place and they raved. (Also the Old Spaghetti Factory across the street is super convenient). Just in every way, it was just a pleasure. But the icing on the cake is the kind, helpful, courteous, patient and thorough staff (Joe, Victoria, Aniesa). They allowed us an early check-in and a late check-out which my family really appreciated during our whirlwind weekend of celebrating. I felt they did everything they could to make it pleasant. So . . . I've never written a review for a hotel before but with a gem like this, I was compelled to show them my gratitude with a five-star rating. Don't know when I will ever get to stay here again, since my daughter has graduated, but I would certainly look into another Country Inn & Suites in a different destination based on my experience here. OUTSTANDING!!! Thank you for making our visit -- during a particularly special time for our family -- so wonderful!

Room Tip: I was told to ask for rooms furthest from the freeway which they accommodated. Inside it was lovely...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank highlyselective
Thank you for the great feedback and detailed review of our hotel. We love our Redlands University students and their families. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Nipomo, California
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great location, right off the freeway yet didn't hear any freeway noise, small sitting room and kitchen in the room. Very clean, ample parking. Andrea checked me in, she was awesome. Excellent breakfast too. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelerCharlotte
I am very glad to hear you were impressed with our hotel. We strive for excellence. Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at the Country inn for 2 nights, great rooms, great staff, I cannot find anything that was wrong with the accommodations, good breakfast in the morning and also is across the street for the Spaghetti Warehouse, so going to dinner was not a hard choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Pedro C
We appreciate you sharing your great experience at our hotel with future travelers. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and community! I would recommend staying at this hotel because it was such a great stay and myself and my whole family loved San Bernadino!
The Hotel: Large, clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, and evening and morning meals. It would be nice if the eating area was a bit larger, as the hotel was very busy and it was hard to get a seat for breakfast. Otherwise, this was one of the nicest stays on our trip, and we stayed at some really nice hotels and resorts!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacey H
bcalvert, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel. We hope you visit again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
#4 of 9 in Redlands
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#4 of 32 in San Bernardino

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)? Share your experiences!