“A True Inexpensive Treasure. ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
“A True Inexpensive Treasure. ”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

If you're in town you simply must stay here. It's dreamy and clean..... The employees here make you feel like you are the guests of Fantasy Island..... Except for Tattoo. Lol... It's just a dreamy place to stay. Seriously...... Do it.... You won't regret. I love this hotel......

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
bcalvert, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a superb review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you, when your travel brings you back to Redlands Ca.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a great weekend stay here! At first I thought the jacuzzi in the living room was a little odd, but it was so much fun! The lights in it change colors and that my 1 year old was having fun in it. ! The service was great, the room and atmosphere is very comfy. I loved the free library of books, which had selections for all ages. The free breakfast was great to have around. No complaints here, had a restful weekend.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with a jacuzzi is right at the door when you walk in!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cande26
bcalvert, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you and your family took advantage of our many amenities, such as the library and breakfast. We hope to see you again
Torrance, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 days for a quick snowtubing trip. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds, plus a pull out couch. My husband and I, plus our 3 little ones never bumped into each other :) Free breakfast, free wifi, free parking and pool/jacuzzi/exercise room just make it even better. Even though the walls are a bit thin, the white noise from the a/c helped to make it more quiet. Loved it, and will come back again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the jacuzzi and all of our other amenties. We look forward to your next stay.
Redlands, California
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I started staying here because I was traveling with my pets. This hotel welcomes furry friends, which is really nice! I have spent countless nights at this hotel. The staff are always smiling and making the check-in process fun. They are very good at remembering you, so when you return for your next visit, they know who you are. It makes you feel like you're at a friend's house, rather than being at a hotel. The ambiance also feels very homey, which also takes away from the "hotel" feel. The rooms are pleasantly large with many amenities that you don't find at every hotel. Each room has a small refrigerator, a coffee maker, an iron and ironing board, plus a microwave. The sofa and chair in the room gives seating for guests that are visiting, which takes away the awkwardness of having guests sitting on beds. The rooms are decorated in warm, homey colors and the beds offer a tranquility that is above and beyond the typical hotel. The fact that breakfast is included makes me feel like I'm saving money when I stay here, because I don't have to go to a restaurant, making the expenses of travel even less. Then, in the evening, this hotel has a social hour, where guests receive 2 complimentary drinks and hot appetizers with their room. I have met many people and even made new friends at this social hour. This place has many return guests, so it is not uncommon to see familiar faces, which helps make it feel even less like a hotel and more like a gathering place for friends. I really can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. This home away from home is truly one of the best kept secrets in Redlands! This place has set a standard, and in all of my travels before, and not since, have I managed to find a hotel with the same welcoming, friendly, charming personality that this place has. I love it!

Room Tip: Just tell the person at check-in what you are looking for (quiet, big, etc.). The staff know the ho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
bcalvert, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I am delighted you took the time to write such an extensive review. It was our pleasure meeting you and getting to know your family. If you are ever in the area, I hope you will please stop by. Thank you, Happy Holidays
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We go to California often to visit relatives and enjoy all that California has to offer. This hotel is located in a nice area We have stayed here many times and always come back. The rooms are very clean and we enjoy a hot breakfast before heading out. We have stayed at many different hotels along the coast and all over southern California, this is one of our favorites. We will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We love our return guests!!! Thank you very much for the great review, we look forward to your next visit with us. Happy Holidays
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 19, 2013

For the past 5 years I have stayed at this hotel at least 20 times per year. When I check in they know what floor I like to be on and which side of the hotel. I have had referred friends and family to them on many occasions. Last spring my son graduated from college and all of our friends and family stayed. The maintenance man - Jose is always around. My grand daughter who is 5 loves the breakfast and the pool. Thank you for always making me feel welcome at your property, Serra!

Room Tip: Third floor and on the side facing IHOP!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
bcalvert, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am delighted you felt welcomed and had a great time. We hope if you are ever in the area you will stay with us again.
Highland, CA
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had been staying here for 11 weeks while our kitchen and bathroom are being remodeled.

All of the staff are extremely friendly and housekeeping, which usually is the weakest link, is better than many more upscale properties.

Breakfast is ample, and they do try to change it up, but if you stay there as long as we have it will definitely repeat. Usually there is eggs, ham or sausage, potatoes, omelets cooked to order, do-it-yourself waffles, oatmeal, four types of cold cereal, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, berry muffins and danish. I enjoyed the bacon, ham, sausage and cheese omelet and the biscuits, sausage patties, eggs and cheese to make breakfast sandwiches, since we often had to be at our house early to let the contractors in.

Monday through Thursday there is a manager's reception with light snacks and beer and wine. The beer is no joke, like most places. It's Hangar 24 orange wheat and also their pale ale.

Couple of caveats:

-- If you request a kitchenette, be sure that it has everything necessary for cooking. We had to bring everything from home because there wasn't so much as a plate, glass, silverware or pots and pans.

-- If you don't like to be around children, ask for a room on the third floor. They try to keep businesspeople on that floor, and you need a special keycard even to go up there. That way you also don't hear the noise from the room above.

-- Try to avoid staying in a room that has an adjoining room. You will hear the noise through the door.

-- The TV in our room is an old-school CRT-type, which I haven't seen in a hotel room in the last few years. I understand that some of the suites have flat-screen TVs. I was told that they are being replaced as the old ones die. We had to have ours changed out because of poor reception on the original one that was in the room.

The pool and spa are inviting, and the hotel is clean throughout the public areas.
Also the hotel is completely non-smoking, which is a plus.

For those without wheels, there is an IHOP almost on the premises, and an Old Spaghetti Factory across the street. The Marie Callendars has closed, which is no big loss.

I would have given them five stars except for the TV and kitchen situation.

Room Tip: If you don't like having children bother you, ask for a room on the third floor. Usually famili...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
bcalvert, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands), responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and Hanger 24 beer. I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
Good Nite Inn Redlands
#4 of 9 in Redlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)? Share your experiences!