“Pleasant place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
Seattle
“Pleasant place to stay”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Stayed two nights at this hotel. Clean, well-furnished room. Nice indoor swimming pool. Friendly staff. The included breakfast buffer was reasonable. The breakfast room itself was a little cramped, partly because of a poor choice of chairs with a high reclined back that made it difficult to walk through the room. Otherwise, no complaints!

• Liked — Clean, comfortable rooms; Nice pool; Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Cramped breakfast room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 11, 2007

My wife called 1 and 1/2 hours before our arrival to see if the room would be ready and was told it was. We arrived at 4 PM to find that the room had a smell and appeared not to be very clean. We were shown
a smaller room with one bed, and as we had two children with us and a port-a-crib to set up also there would be no room to walk if they rolled in another bed which they offered to do. They had no other room of the size we had reserved so we declined to stay. They offered
to clean the room while we went to our anniversary party, but since we were told it was ready and it wasn't, and we had two kids who would be tired when the party was over, and we weren't sure it wouldn't have the smell anyway we declined to stay. They told us we would be charged for the room as a no-show! We asked to speak to the manager, but she was not in. We were told she would call us that night, but she never did. I had called the hotel from our party to find out if the manager had gotten in touch with them, but no. Two weeks later we were charged and I called the hotel at 11:30 am; the manager wasn't in so I left her a message to call me. I called in the
afternoon, she had left for the day. I then told the staff that if I didn't hear from her by 11 am the next day I would call the Corporate
office and complain; she called at 10: 58 am and offered me 50% back.
I told her that the website offered a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and 50% was not 100% and that I would talk to corporate. Corporate sympathized and told us that we should be entitled to a refund of the
charge, but essentially all they could do was file the complaint, the
manager was to respond in writing (she sent a blanket form-letter apology for "whatever" was wrong and it wouldn't happen again) and that was that. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company.
Beware of this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The room smelled, the staff seemed unprofessional, the manager is unresponsive and unavailable.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank d0ubled0uble
ATLANTA
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Very friendly staff. Rooms are very comfortable and remarkable clean. Business center was very helpful and internet service was great too. Great experaiance staying at the Comfort Suites in Redlands.

• Liked — Breakfast and Everything
  • Disliked — Everything was outstanding
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
saratoga
Reviewed April 5, 2007

Nicest hotel in Redlands. Very comfortable beds and one the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff was very friendly they do a great job with customer service. Very nice Hot Breakfast in the morning with all the variety to choose from. I will recommend this hotel to everyone. Nice and quiet stay even when the hotel was completely booked. VERY HAPPY WITH MY STAY

• Liked — Rooms were great , hot breakfast in the monring and service
  • Disliked — Very small hotel sign in driveway
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnsD
Twin peaks, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2006

The hotel is very clean and right next to many restaurants and fast food chains. The indoor pool and hottub are great for year round swimming. The continental breakfast in the morning was very satisfactory and you receive a USA Today each morning or a local paper. The couch beds were unusually comfortable and nicer than most hotels. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms for added convenience. The staff was friendly and helpful, but did not allow a checkout after 12 pm. If you need extra pillows or towels, you must go down to the lobby and get them yourself. It was not an inconvenience because it's not a five star resort. The AAA discount saved us an extra $15. Our 3 and 2 year olds enjoyed the pool and the Burger King playland right next door. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank joe j
Chicago
Reviewed October 15, 2005

This was our first stay here and I must say the hotel was pristine. I am a clean freak and I was not disappointed. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We were in town for our annual trip to Lake Arrowhead's Oktoberfest and to see our son play football for Redland High. We knew we did not want to stay close to LA due to the smog. We chose this hotel based on TRIPADVISOR'S rating.

Yes, the breakfast was bland, but the hotel is gorgeous. The price was right $99/nite. There's only one complaint; the air conditioner is one foot from the length of the bed, so we froze all nite. My husband and I did alot of cuddling tho, which was very nice. I highly recommend this motel/hotel. It really is a 4 star getaway at a 2 stars price.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank PhatChick
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I stayed here in September. It was a so-so hotel. Clean, but the front desk was understaffed and the breakfast was bland. I made a reservation for "Parents' Weekend" at a nearby college for October 14. This week I called to cancel the reservation. They said the reservation had been made for Sept. 14 and declined to give me full credit for the amount they had charged my credit card when I didn't arrive (no suprise) in September. The manager I spoke to was extremely stubborn and would not take responsibility for having put down the wrong date. This is basically unprofessional, and not the way I run my own business!

Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ayres Hotel Redlands
#1 of 9 in Redlands
Dynasty Suites Redlands
Dynasty Suites Redlands
#5 of 9 in Redlands
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Bernardino (Redlands)
Good Nite Inn Redlands
Good Nite Inn Redlands
#4 of 9 in Redlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Comfort Suites Redlands? Share your experiences!