“Lovely spot”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Redlands, California
“Lovely spot”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm sad to read so many negative reviews of what is one of our top 3 favorite restaurants in Redlands. We've always had good service and enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is wonderful, like a little French bistro. I'm vegetarian and never had a problem finding something good to eat. My husband enjoys the opportunity to eat meat (which he doesn't get at home!). Hopefully the management is reading the reviews and will make changes needed to regain a well-deserved good reputation.
A note about service: I worked as a waitress in college. I have never left less than a 10% tip since that experience. I often leave a 20-25% tip for really good service. Wait-staff rely on tips to make minimum wage. I used to earn $1.50 per hour (minimum wage was $5 per hour in 1979). I was expected to make up the difference in tips. I worked with a single mother who got fired one night for reacting (quite fairly) to an unruly group of customers. Some countries (Australia) actually pay their wait-staff a living wage. Which means if you misbehave or are rude to the wait-staff, they will hang you out to dry and the restaurant will back them up. At the same time, the service in Australian restaurants tends to be very professional and efficient, the jobs are highly sought after and wait-staff get respect from the customers. Think about it next time you go out and get all first-world-entitled with the wait-staff. They might be having a bad day too. They're entitled, so quit acting like you're the only person who is entitled to be treated like a princess! Always leave a tip. I remember the single mother who really needed the money, but she was so stressed out about her life that she wasn't the greatest waitress. Be kind. Be generous. You won't be sorry, ever.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SaladAlexander

Goodyear, Arizona
“nice food, poor service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ready for a nice meal after a day on the road, we chose Citrone after looking at the menu. After being seated we waited almost 10 minutes for a waiter. His knowledge of the menu was extremely limited, and he seemed to be on drugs. Really spacey.

The food was good, but overpriced. We had a caprese salad - the mozzarella cheese was ice cold and tasteless. Pasta was nice, but if I were to be in Redlands again I'd save my money and go to Romano's Macaroni Grill.

• Visited July 2013

1 Thank parley
Oceanside, California, United States
“Not worth it”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

They try very very hard to be an upscale restaurant, but just don't get it. Mediocre service and food do not upscale make. We won't go back.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank LHerrmann
Los Gatos, California
“Three times good”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good italian menu, very fresh food, competent staff, and a nicely done interior. I don't repeat places that don't consistently deliver. They even packaged a take out order for me once and did a great job.

Visited October 2012