“Excellent Service ~ Excellent Food”

The Restaurant of Joe Greensleeves
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Just returned from taking my son to lunch at Greensleeves. First time I had ever been there. We were actually heading to Romano's and saw this great little restaurant, and decided to give it a try based on the picture of the Shrimp Scampi dish in the window. The restaurant was designed with wonderful detail - were those wine corks that I saw on the ceiling? Music was perfect! The dish that I saw on the picture in the window didn't appear to be on the lunch menu, but the server (Isiah - sorry if I spelled your name wrong) actually went outside to look at the picture that I was referring to, and asked the chef if it could be made for me. They did! And, it was delicious!! It wasn't Shrimp Scampi, it was lighter and very delicious!! My son had the gnocchi with duck breast - we will be going back very soon! Sorry I didn't take a picture of my dish before it was ALL gone!!

1  Thank lllhenry
There are newer reviews for The Restaurant of Joe Greensleeves

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant in a long while and heard that under the new ownership, it was worth the visit. I am sorry to report that I have no desire to return. I attended a business dinner with colleagues on a Thursday night with the restaurant not even half full. This is important as the disappointment arose from the service or lack thereof. The server assist was pleasant enough and tried to get the evening started. However, it took quite a while for our server to appear. Im not sure how to describe his attitude but the words aloof and disinterested definitely come to mind. I have also not been to a "fine dining" restaurant in which the server attached a spout to our wine bottle to make pouring easier. Overall, the food was ok but the menu had all the leftovers from the previous chef/owner Umberto. Again the server made the evening less than pleasant when I ordered my duck "medium" and got a look of total disdain, like it was a burden. Unfortunately this message was not conveyed to the kitchen as the duck was overcooked. I can get by with mediocre food but I won't tolerate lousy service.

3  Thank Redlands_CAFoodie
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I understand this restaurantt has a very good reputation but I don´t know why. Although the service was polite and competent, the food was not up to par.

4  Thank ulla c
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A amazing place to eat. The 12 ounce cheese burger is amazing. The lean meat has a wonderful lean flavor and the burger is cooked to perfection. The club sandwich is great along with the fresh fruit. The staff are fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The prices are very reasonable. We will definately be back when we are in the area. Thank you for a great dining experience.

13  Thank melsdad2002
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great service, excellent food, wonderful atmosphere, perfect service and a great wine selection. What more could you ask for? Nothing! This is the place.

7  Thank Aristacah