“Enjoyable experience”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a good place for a date, but also for small groups. Everything is shareable, that's why it's good for sm groups. Plus it's hard to decide what to order I loved the chimichuri sauce. All the dipping sauces are good. We used it for everything. Definitely recommend for dates...
It's pricey. but the food ingredients are fresh, local, and great quality. There's so much to try, I will definitely come back again if I'm in the area. Too bad its far from my house.

The service/staff/organization needs improvement.Staff are nice, just not too organized. Granted it is a new restaurant, there is a learning curve. Service was slow. We were patient, however, next time I'm back, I don't know how patient I would be. Decor is cool. I'm a fan of brick buildings. You have to walk upstairs for the better dining spaces.

They have a happy hour 4-6. Martini of the day was real good.

1  Thank Islanddiva7

Reviewed May 25, 2013

planned a special dinner there for my husbands birthday. Called way ahead to reserve the table upstairs by the window.. went one hour early checked in had drinks at the bar waiting with friends for our table.. our check in time came and went.. and went and went... one hour and 45 minutes after our reservation time.. (that is 2.45 minafter we arrvied) we finally after much begging and complaining were finally seated. famished and upset..we ordered our food. cheese fondue..was delish, had filet mignon was ok, nothing spectacular.. ordered it on the hot ROK.. desert was bananas foster fondue.. again ok.. bill was over 300 bucks for 4 people with a bottle of wine and i think maybe some beers.. that did not include the bar bill from down stairs which was paid ahead. what is most upsetting is they seated people after we were already there in that special reserved room.knwoing we were waiting.. then double charged one of us.. then didnt take what i feel are professional routes to fix the issue its take more then a week to get a refund and it has yet to hit the bank. The district manager got involved promised to fix everything was super cool and so professional. He promised a speedy refund and a dinner on him to fix this mess(special happy birthday celebration) then the owner took over was very rude, defensive and said why would we offer a comp dinner and a refund???!! I am sorry but when people dine out and spend over 350 bucks you WANT to make them happy. I am a foodie.. blog on food , and enjoy spending time eating out. They should have tried to make us happy. I would have totally given them another try. sadly in this economy word of mouth is king!~ Happy customers bring more business. They need to learn customer is always right and admit when they blow a special evening and makeit right!

6  Thank trish m
Reviewed May 20, 2013

No one wants a restaurant to make it in Redlands more than I, so I am writing this review in hopes that the owners see it and make some changes. I tried to make reservations twice by calling the phone number listed on the website. Twice I left messages as no one answered, and twice I did not receive a call back. I then went by at 4:30 on a Wednesday afternoon, to make the reservation in person. Their Website says the Bar opens at 4:00. The door was locked, but I could see people inside. I sat in my car parked directly in front of the restaurant and called. They answered! I made the reservation for the date I was looking for, and indicated that we would be celebrating a birthday. She responded that they recognize birthdays with a card and a glass of champagne. I then asked the gal what time they open today, and she answered that they opened at 4:00, to which I inquired "so, you are open now?" She stamered out a "Yes", but of course, she was lying and knew she had been caught.

On our reservation date, our party of four dined upstairs. We shared appetizer, main course, and dessert fondues. The experience was fun because it is such a social dining experience. We thought all of the food was yummy, although sparse and expensive for the amount of food you receive. We spent $175 for the four of us and went away hungry. Oh, and the birthday being celebrated wasn't ackenowledged.

The downtown location and building are terrific. I hope that the owners, Marlisa and Lance Hodgin, see this review, and make some changes to the professionalism in the way the restaurant is ran. I also think they would fill up the restaurant if the prices were are little more in line with what you receive for your money.

3  Thank Patsy A
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our first visit, but certainly not our last. Was a bit pricey, I think it was very close to $100.00 for the three of us (although that DID include 3 cocktails and a micro-brewed beer) but no one walked away hungry, and it was a relaxing meal that virtually encouraged you to slow down and visit with one another. Our waiter kept our water glasses filled with ice and water, explained the options and choices, and was generally charming and helpful. We enjoyed the ambiance overall, with the exception of the group of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" wannabes at the table two down from us, shrieking and howling with laughter and generally making a spectacle of themselves just in case someone WASN'T noticing them. But, other than being overly loud and rambunctious, they weren't behaving in a fashion that merited being ousted so...that wasn't the fault of the management.

Loved the Pear Flower Martini, but the Caramel Appletini was pretty darned good too. We had the Strawberry Cheesecake Fondue, and it was good, but I suspect next time we will try something else. We will also pay the extra next time to get all fruit instead of a mixture of fruit, marshmallows, cake and brownie when ordering the desert fondue. I felt the cake, brownie, and marshmallows were too much sweet when added to the sweet fondue.

2  Thank Donna M
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great price for food and what a variety. Never cooked my own food on a hot lava rock, cant stop talking about it. Bannana chocolate fondue was a terrific desert.

2  Thank Gary O