“Not much to say.”

Famous Daves
Ranked #130 of 231 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you are into barbecue, the food looks good. I am a vegetarian so it is not my kind of place. Went with a group of coworkers and they all seemed to like it. Service was decent.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The platter is your best choice. Big enough to share with a family of 4 ( two adult and two kids). The corn muffins are excellent. The beef is very tender and the ribs are extra meaty. There are like 5 different BBQ sauces, from sweet to very hot. Service is good.

1  Thank Erica A
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Even though this is a chain, they do a great job. The meats are excellent. The corn muffins, french fries, and corn on the cob are always top notch.

1  Thank bruce l
Reviewed March 8, 2012

For a big chain it's not bad, but it's not "as good as it gets".

Reviewed March 7, 2012

...now that my favorite BBQ restaurant in La Quinta is 'no more'. I've dined at the others located within the Coachella Valley, but none of the others are/were as good as the one in La Quinta. Another favorite, Mr.Tibb's Ribs (in Bakersfield) which was owned by a great guy named Jerry Tibbs (until his untimely death many years ago) was probably the best BBQ that I recall ever having. I sure do miss him and his excellent food.

Well, I've seen Famous Dave (Dave Anderson, one of the founders of the well-known theme chain family restaurants known as Rainforest Café) on the Food Network channel participating in several BBQ competitions and I was glad to learn that he had opened several locations upon the west coast. Since I had to make a trip to the San Bernardino / Fontana area, it was time that I finally checked-out the Famous Dave's in nearby Redlands, as I hadn't the pleasure to try any of his other locations yet and I was hungry for some good BBQ.

After handling my business affairs, I drove to Famous Dave's which is situated toward the front of a newer shopping center (off the 210 and north of the 'I-10' ) in Redlands. There is plenty of available parking and the shopping center is easy to locate and access, as is the restaurant. Since I arrived about 2PM, there was plenty of seating available, as it wasn't busy at all - maybe about four other tables had guests (couples and families with children).

The menu features Famous Dave's Award Winning BBQ Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket, Georgia Chopped Pork, Southside Rib Tips, Barbeque or Country-Roasted Chicken, Chicken Tenders, Hot Link Sausage, Beer-Battered Cod, Traditional or Boneless Wings, burgers, sandwiches, salmon, shrimp, soups, salads, great side dishes, home-style desserts, etc. They have food 'to go' and catering is also available.

As I waited for my meal, I had the pleasure of reading all of the cleaver signage hanging on the walls, starring at the stuffed moose head that was hanging above the fireplace, as well as watched others as they enjoyed their meals. When my server arrived, he asked if I would like to see a small presentation with regard to the available Famous Dave's BBQ sauces which where already at my table. Of course I said yes and allowed him to proceed with his presentation. His presentation was very informative which, in turn, allowed me to try the many different BBQ sauces with my meal.

The restaurant was clean, as was the restroom and the staff looked and acted professional. Service was quick, attentive, and friendly, and most importantly...the food was great. It was so good in fact, that I ordered another meal 'to go' (for a late evening meal) to be enjoyed after I arrived at home later that night. Needless to say, I have been back twice already since my initial visit and I'll continue to return back again, that is, whenever I'm in the mood for some more great BBQ.

2  Thank ScreenStar