“Eggplant lover”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #86 of 223 Restaurants in Redlands
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yucaipa, California, United States
“Eggplant lover”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Love eggplant parmigiana, but not casserole style. They cook each piece to perfection and then sauce and cheese, added is an angel hair pasta...yes you can get gluten free pasta if you ask!
Love the servers and ambiance!

Redlands, California
“Prefer not to dine here.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We live in the area of the Romano's Macaroni Grill. I can say we have eaten here maybe 8 times since it opened. We have had problems with the food about 6 of these times. Once we found pieces of plastic in our son's meal, often the portion sizes are variable. I ordered a lunch size salad as my main course once and the amount of food on the plate would have fit in the palm of my hand. I could go on. But you get the picture.

Visited June 2012
Beaumont, California
“Found you again!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Years ago in Rancho Cucamonga we lost you! However my husband are I are thrilled we found you in Redlands, now that we live in Riverside County. We love all the delicious items on your menu.... appetizers and all!! The fish dishes are our favorite, so also the shrimp with pasta! Your individual salad is a good portion and is very colorful and delicious, whether green or caesar style!! We'll be back soon to try the other items!

Los Angeles, California
“Left with a bad taste in our mouths ... but not from the food.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are frequent diners at this particular Macaroni Grill, so our latest experience was more than surprising. We will not return to this location and here are the reasons ... it is obvious that things have changed, from the menu to the ambience. When we asked our waiter why there was a new menu, he said that the chain had been sold, but that most of the same items were still available. We ordered drinks and dinner and we waited ... and waited ... and waited some more. I had a good view of the open kitchen and noticed finished plates waiting .. and waiting for pickup. When we finally received our plates, my pasta was cold (as it had been one of the waiting plates) ... I mentioned it to our waiter who told me he could fix it in two minutes and then went on to explain to me how sometimes plates come out at different times and that MG likes the open look of the kitchen and so they don't have warming lights ... when I told him that I didn't want a replacement pasta, he told me his only reason for being there was to provide service and that he was getting an attitude from me ... in the meantime, two times dishes were dropped with a loud clatter and crash ... the manager told the cooks to replate meals ... and it went on from there. The food itself was good ...even the cold pasta ... but you can get good food at reasonable prices most anywhere these days ... what turned us both off was the timing of the plate delivery and then the extended discussion by the waiter. My husband gave him a good tip, however, and he was kinder about that than I would have been. We have been meaning to try the new Spaghetti Factory in Redlands ... next time we are thinking about a pasta dinner in a fun setting, we will go there. Sorry ... but this is the truth and we won't be back. We also used to like the MG in Palm Desert ... and that was closed ... not a good sign.

Big Bear Lake, California
“OK Italian Food”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife loves Romano's however, it is not true italian food in general. The pasta is pre-cooked and the so-called "cream sauce" was non-existent with my dish as it was obvious it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a considerable amount of time. Their selection of wine by the glass is also minimal, instead they push the bottles. The food is good but it is definitely the "California" version of italian food. Depending on the dish you order, it may be a disappointment.

• Visited June 2012