“Good Caribbean food, family owned”
Review of Dhat Island - CLOSED

Dhat Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: This is a newly opened restaurant that specializes in Caribbean/Creole cajun cuisine Phone (909) 792-1717, already 7 reviews on Yelp
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Good Caribbean food, family owned”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner as a group of 20 people shine we were having meetings, Food was good, I am Cuban and live in Florida where are a lot of restaurants like this one, I found that Dhat Island does not use a lot of flavor spices (not heat), I guess they are doing this for the Californians since they are not used to Garlic, Cumin, Coriander, or Curry heavily on the food as I am, so I found it to be bland, but most of the people in our group liked it...

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pedro C

“Different food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are into different types of food this is a great place to go, I really do not know any other place were they sell it. I like this restaurant when I am bored of the same. It is very clean , nice environment.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank carolina o
Mississauga, Canada
“Not Your Average Restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Last night of our vacation decided to try this place based on reviews here, we weren't disappointed. However we nearly din't go as finding the parking lot is not trivial, if you are coming from Colton Street it is before the restaurant but with a tiny sign.

Inside is fairly small with three or four different small areas. Service was prompt and friendly given the limited amount of staff available. I had the bourbon chicken with red bean rice and it was excellent with a real kick and my wife had the half chicken with white rice which was also very good an spicy. They don't serve alcoholic drinks but will open your wine for you (wish we had known that beforehand), but the lemonade and the ginger beer were both very good, and water refills were prompt!

Well worth finding if you are in Redlands.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DaveE45
“great surprise!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have driven by this restaurant for..years? ...always saying..we have to try that out1 Finally we did and it is wonderful. The food is really delicious and we can't wait to go back. The beignets are fabulous. I am glad I had read some reviews that mentioned getting a half order... I can't imagine two people eating a full order after the generous servings for our meal. Can't wait to go back..
The waiters/waitresses were friendly . Food came out quickly...The food is great! Who cares about parking.. It is there..you may walk a bit but after your dinner ...you will NEED to walk!
Don't miss out ! get there early ..it is not a late night place.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank jotoes1
Redlands, California
“Don't forget to order beignets!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is consistently good, as is the service. They have a number of vegetarian options (but also plenty of meat dishes), but no meal here would be complete without their beignets!! They are so delicious, as good as the ones in New Orleans!! The only thing negative about it is that the location is odd - in the same complex as a Napa auto, but I don't care because I love the food.

• Visited February 2014