“Jean's food review”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Hi I'm Jeanie and this is my review. The wait was short...yeah. The bread was warm, the water,merged in a red plastic coke cup, was cold.
I orederd the calamari and it was a bit bland for my taste. I ordered the swordfish which had too much pepper. The garlic potatoes was yummy but the sautéed veggies also had to much pepper. My loving husband ordered the pan fried chicken and it was too soggy. The chicken needed a few more minutes isnthe pan to get it crispy. I substituted the fish for a salad and it was okay. Overall, I won't come back.

There are newer reviews for Romano's

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Most of their food, at least the dishes I tried were tasty. Mamas trio is very good if you want to sample 3 dishes in one. The house wine, served by the glass and paid by honor system, is good. Nice ambient and good service.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Bland pasta and pizza is nothing like the restaurant advertises. Nothing like Chicago pizza!!! Drinks are watered down and service is as bland as the pasta!!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a great place for a night out with my man. They make all their own salad dressings and are they ever good. I don't even like Italian dressing, but I LOVED theirs.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The location, building, television setup, decorations, and food are all top-notch. Have been there 8 times now because of this setup. Not sure I will be back though. The staff and management just ruin the experience. They are inept and apathetic. Have tried everything to get better service (kindness, being curt, giving big tips early on, asking the manager for help). Nothing works. Much of the staff seems truly annoyed that you are there. Management is non-responsive (I have also set up a couple events here for large parties). This is really sad because this place could be fantastic.