“just what we needed”

Ayres Hotel Redlands
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Redlands
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 5, 2010

It was way more than I expected for a hotel under the freeway. The rooms were very clean, hotel property was very clean and was maintained daily. The evening reception was very generous as was the daily breakfast. Pedro makes a mean omelette and the coffee is always on. I was afraid that the freeway/traffic noise was going to be to much and I had expectations of having to switch hotels. I did not hear road noise once while in the room or even while sitting outside at the pool in the nine nights I spent there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Made my reservation on line for a king room for two nights. When I arrived I changed it to 2 queens as a girlfriend decided to stay with me. They were completely accommodating and said, "Oh, no problem." I said I'd read it can be noisy may I have a room in the back please. Again, no problem. The room was very clean. My computer worked on the free internet provider perfectly. As did my girlfriends computer. The empty refrigerator was cold and ready to use. We did not eat at the breakfast as we had other plans each day. The location could not be better and you park right at your room. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's a no frills, just nice, clean, good size room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Nice rooms and friendly staff. However, we were there over a weekend and it was noisy. Enough that it woke us up once around midnight and the next night at 2:00 am. Shower heads are ultra low-flow and barely put out enough water to wash hair. A/C was noisy and it was either too hot or cold. Breakfast is included, but it was cold both mornings. Maybe it was just a bad weekend for them?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Another one of those hotels that claims to have WiFi. It does, once you figure out that you MUST use IE to connect to some service provider, whose home page could be taken for that of a phishing outfitl. Abslutely no info in the room about how to connect. And once a WiFi connection is made, I couldn't hold the signal for more than 5 minutes. It does offer a RJ45 connection, and the desk did have cables, but then why WiFi?
I would recommend 'cause there aren't a lot of decent hotels in Redlands, but with caution.
Oh, yeah. Why does the hotel take it upon itself to have the TV default to the crazies on FOX News? Thanks, but no. If you need a default station, how about PBS?

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank jtjohnson
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I spent a week at this marvelous hotel while we were having work done on our home. The people are friendly, the rooms are large and spacious, decorated with style and taste. The included breakfast is one of a kind in our experience with California lodging. This breakfast has hot bacon, eggs, sausage, AND the BEST waffles this side of Belgium. I would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends. The staff are so friendly that you feel like a guest in their home. The amenities are 1st class. Beds and bedding are 5 star. Oh, and almost forgot the 5oclock happy hour, beer, wine, snacks. are all included.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I stayed at the Ayres Redlands for one night during a work trip through Southern California, where I stayed in a different town each night for about a week. I had a room at the Ayres on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool area. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and spacious. I appreciated the hotel's green policies. The front desk staff identified several great dinner options in downtown Redlands and printed out a map for me. Although the nightly rate is a bit higher than other places I stayed on that trip, this will be my go-to place the next time I am driving through the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We were traveling though Redlands to visit a friend and go on to Arizona. The room was very spacious! I was concerned that it was too close to the freeway, but we had a room in the back and was not bothered by noise. The breakfast included scrambled eggs. bacon, potatoes, cereal, danish, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, coffee and juice. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redlands
Comfort Suites Redlands
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#4 of 33 in San Bernardino
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino

Been to Ayres Hotel Redlands? Share your experiences!