“Disgusting”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have traveled a lot on a budget and stayed in a lot of cheap hotels and have never been so disgusted by a room in my entire life. This is not a cheap hotel, I reserved online for approximately $80. When I arrived the front desk clerk was outside smoking, when she came in the entire room smelled like smoke. I was given the key to my room. After going into my room and getting settled a bit I used the bathroom (which was acceptably clean). Then I started to get ready to relax and go to bed. As I do in all hotels I pulled the sheets back and the bed away from the wall to check for bugs. I was disgusted by what I found. There were crumbs, bugs (not sure if they were bedbugs, but still disgusting), and an amount of dust that indicated the room truly hadn't been cleaned in at least a year. I immediately put all my stuff back in the car and went to the front desk. When I said I wanted to check out immediately due to the cleanliness of the room she immediately refunded me. This was the only good part of the night. I will never even contemplate staying here again (I'd rather stay in my car). This unfortunately also made me much less inclined to ever stay in a Quality Inn again as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Quality Inn in redding CA.
This hotel is terrible. I checked my cried card today. they charge me for crib. reason is I did return to infront desk when I check out..I am a women wiht 2 years baby . That's good reason to charge....?When we cheack in they did not notice us we will be charge for crib if we didn't return.I call the hotel back ,they just say :"we need charge,that's our rules" :( . I called Americanexpress. They refund to me right away. Americanexpress think they iillegal to charge people without reciept and sign. Infront desk have bad service. Nerer stay Quality Inn any more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here the first night of a week long trip. We booked this room because it took the lowest redemption point total for a free night. You get what you "pay" for. This motel consists of three separate buildings from the street back. Our room was on the back-side of the last building from the street and we were the only occupied room back there. My wife made me park the car in another lot so as not to draw attention to the fact that we were the only one's there. It was not a secure feeling. The room is beyond "showing it's age", it's just plain dingy. It may have been a mechanical room at one time, as there is a large metal, hinged door on the wall clearly marked TELEPHONE that has been wall-papered over. Breakfast was unappetizing, coffee was horrible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After ONE hour of leaving redding, I called the front desk to tell them that I left my charger on the wall by the refrigerator. And that if they could mail it to me, I would appreciate it. She said that when housekeeping cleans the rooms, they will find it and take it to the front to return it to me. I followed up the next day to see if they had found it, and when it was going to be mailed. Apparently the housekeeping "didn't find it" that's bull$#!& cause I know where I left it! but she said she would follow up with me in a couple days. 2 weeks after the checkout date, I call back asking what happened. Same story! You have got to be KIDDING! Don't stay here, it's a flea bag motel! :/

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Not sure why some of the previous reviews were poor. I found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. Slept great, everything worked well and it was very clean. I was pulling a trailer and the parking lot was very spacious. I think some of the prior reviewers wanted resort style facilities for a mid-scale price. For the money I paid, I was very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jaghomeva
Reviewed September 24, 2012

woke up thinking that the people next door had come over to shower in our bathroom. A few seconds later, I realized that wasn't possible because our shower head was broken; however, to the staff's credit, they allowed us to shower that morning a few doors down. Also, A/C vent was broken. Moral: check rooms carefully before signing in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom41Denver
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I did not think it was possible to have multiple bruises from a hotel stay but I am here to tell you it is possible. My husband and I stopped here on a recent road trip and we were extremely tired so we feel asleep very quickly. In the morning, I woke up with several bruises on the right side of my body (arm, hip and thigh). Upon further inspection, I realized that the padding on the mattress had eroded away and I was sleeping on nothing but the steel coils. Then I had some urgent business and needed to print out a one page document. Their computer appeared a minimum of 15 years old but I was not concerned until I tried to open up my document which was a PDF file and the computer did not have the software necessary to open up PDF files. omg!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 204 and definitely inspect the mattress to insure there is padding on it.