“Strong pine disinfectant smell in room”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Kingston, New York
“Strong pine disinfectant smell in room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our hotel manager gave us a room on the ground floor when he spotted our luggage, cooler and backpacks. We smelled a strong pine disinfectant-like odor but opened the window for ventilation for an hour and hoped it would get better. After returning from dinner the odor was still there but we were too tired to repack and move. We arrived at breakfast about 20 minutes before closing but felt rushed as did the other 9 people there. This was an average motel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Although I travel much less now, I spent many years traveling for business, often as much as five days a week. This Best Western was not only convenient, but clean, outstanding, professional staff, accomodating, and comfortable. Offering numerous guest amenities at a very affordable price. As I make the same trip four times each year I will make it a point to stay at this particular Best Western

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We arrived at 11pm on a friday night (labor day weekend) without a reservation and we accomodated with gracious hospitality. The room was very clean and met all expectations, the breakfast was good quality and selection, the staff went above and beyond for us. We stopped here after a frightful experience at the hotel where we had reservations and the children were exhausted and needed to be at a sporting event very early the next morning. We had a very comfortable (if short) night's sleep and a good breakfast. We felt safe and comfortable. When we returned the morning just before check out time to complete our check out, the children were invited (post check out) to use the pool and relax while we awaited the older child's sporting event later in the day. The front desk staff even brought us towels at the pool so the kids could swim. We were very impressed with the staff and their committment to HOSPITALITY.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Upon checking in I was greeted by a very friendly hotel manager Dee who was at the front desk who made me feel like I was apart of her family asking how my trip was and what places have I visited on my vacation. I traveling with my family and we had a lot of luggage so Dee was accommodating by giving us a room close to the parking lot so we would not have to walk so far. The room was very clean as to be expected from a top hotel chain like Best Western. In fact all of the mattresses throughout the hotel had just been changed. The breakfast bar carried all of the usual stuff (cereal,waffles, muffins, pastries, fruit, bagels, coffee, juice) and also had eggs and sausage. It was more than adequate for myself and my family. Being close to Interstate 5 access to the hotel is convenient and easy. Dee and her staff took care of any need that my family may have had during our stay. All in all I will being staying here again when I am in Redding as this is one of the nicest hotels with a great staff that takes care of their guests.

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

I made a reservation with Best Western Twin View Inn & Suites on August 5, 2010 at $89.99 per room for 5 rooms. Upon checkout, my travel party was charged $89.99 for three rooms and $129.99 for the other two rooms. When I discovered the discrepancies, I called the hotel to ask them to correct the unauthorized charge. The "owner" Peter refused to make the correction and literally said "I don't care." Best Western is a national chain, and I was abhorred by the attitude of its franchisee. Watch out when you make reservations with any Best Western hotels. The rooms were not very clean either. Other hotels in the city can provide much better service.

3 Thank SotoQH
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed overnite enroute to Calif. in this comfortable, modern, clean, and quiet BW. 2Q beds on second floor facing the front-the quiet side--were comfortable, a/c was quiet and efficient, and the free breakfast was good and sufficient. A decent dining option is the Outback, a 5 minute drive from the hotel. While we tend to avoid chains, this proved a very good choice.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Silverdale, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Used hotel as stop over while riding M/C's to Weaverville from WA. Hotel was under renovation and Carpet glue smelled bad. Materials were in the way to get to pool area and had to step over and around. Breakfast was very sparse and not worth it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple