“Rate Deception”

Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was told I would get a rate of $107.99, yet was charged a rate of $124.99. I explained to the front desk when I checked in and was told I was lucky to even have a room, that the hotel manager upped the rate to $160-something because the property sold out, that it was a good thing I made a reservation. The BW booking site has $107.99 as the AAA rate and they told me the Bethel rate was the same that they would make the adjustment when I arrived. I am also a AAA member. When I got there, I was told that I was mistaken, the AAA and Bethel rate was $124.99 and there was nothing they would do about it. I think this is false advertising and misrepresentation of their rates. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I always look to the Twin View for lodging when I stay in Redding. The manager is considerate and very accommodating. The desk clerks are great. Ask Emily about her cookies in the afternoon! We always enjoy our stays here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked through Hotwire so got a good price for my room for an one night stay on a road trip. Close to the freeway, good air conditioning, and good breakfast. The funny thing about this is that I tried to book this hotel on the Best Western website and said rooms were not available. Then I went to Hotwire and when the hotel was revealed it was the hotel I tried to book for $30 more! Weird...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The wife and I enjoyed this place the first time we stayed here and tried it again. This place didn't disappoint. Comfortbale beds, clean rooms and a quiet stay. Made for a restful night sleep. The breakfast was good except for the attending staff who seemed to be having a bad day. The front lobby staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Walked in the AM in the local residential area. Very nice. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Staff and management were friendly and very accommodating. Hotel was clean, reasonable, and offers free breakfast. We stayed here on a recent trip while we were boating at Lake Shasta. We will definitely stay again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we saw Jerry Seinfeld. The women at check in was excellent, she answered all our questions and made us feel very welcome. I wish I knew her name so she could be recognized. The workout room could use updating but we worked out twice so glad it was there. We will stay again and next time bring our kids and swim!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank makjms
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel had good reviews so I thought it would be fine. We had two dogs with us, so we were given a "dog room". The smell was pretty bad. I keep my dog and house clean and it does not smell like "dog" at all! There is absolutely no excuse for being repulsed by the smell of your hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends