“Not bad, but still prefer the Hilltop BW+”

Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Tacoma, Washington
“Not bad, but still prefer the Hilltop BW+”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For reasons of her own, the Mrs didn't want to stay at the BW+Hilltop this time. So, we wound up staying here.

The room was clean and in fine condition. The nice lady at the front desk couldn't be more helpful. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept like babies.

My only issues are the wi-fi connection and the price. The signal was very weak, and we both had trouble getting or mail. The price was a bit high as compared to the nearly identical Hilltop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shop99er

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have taken many road trips and usually stay a several times at Best Westerns. This hotel was very expensive. There was even a couple who inquired about the price as we were checking in and wanted several rooms for their group and ended up saying they were going down the street because the price was way too high. Usually Best Westerns are a little more expensive than some of the other hotel chains but the value is good. This hotel seemed very overpriced. It was clean but outdated. If we had more time, I would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
troutdale
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Planned to stay at this hotel with our granddaughters, partly because they had an outdoor pool, and Redding is usually in the 100's this time of year, and they are also "pet friendly". The first thing we noticed upon entering the room was the mirror near the door, was covered with handprints, and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. When I went into the bathroom, I noticed the tub was full of tiny little black bugs, then, when I went to use the phone to call the front desk, the base, where the phone rested, was full of beer. It was obvious to me, the only thing that MAY have been clean, were the towels, and the bedding, the rest looked like it had been forgotten. We were moved to another room, which was OK, but a big inconvience with 2 adults, 2 children, and 2 dogs, and all our stuff. When we went to use the pool, the water was COLD, and the hot tub was either badly stained, or filthy, and there was no way anyone in our group was going to use it. I am sorry to have such a poor review, but it seems like this property is not being well managed. We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Check your room before unpacking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on the way home, beds were great very comfy. The desk clerk was very helpful while checking us in. Rooms are large and clean. As for the traffic noise from the freeway, yes you can hear it but it is not that bad. I am a light sleeper and it didn't wake me up at all. The one thing I wished they did have was better curtains in the room as the ones they had did not keep out any light. Other then that it was great and I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Spokane
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, nice to be right off I-5. The person who checked me in was exceptionally nice and helpful.

I was a little reluctant to stay hear because of the reviews relating to freeway noise. I didn't find noise from I-5 to be a problem at all. I did hear noise twice at night from trucks on Caterpillar Rd directly behind the hotel, but it was nothing that would make me avoid this hotel.

I would certainly stay here again...Location, location, location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Having stayed in Redding previously without reservations, & liking Best Western's style, we made advance reservations. Staff were excellent. Only drawback was some outside noise. Otherwise, very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The wife and I called in advance, booked a first floor handicap room with 2 beds, and one adjoining room for my 2 sons. My sister in law must use a cart to move around. We were here for a family funeral. Upon arrival, we were issued a two bed room, with no handicap setup. When I brought this up, there were no handicap 2 bed rooms available on the first floor. And no adjoining would be available either. Door key card lock was faulty, repair to be finished later, sometime. Breakfast was good, they have adjoining pool, beds were fine to fair. Wireless Internet signal is very weak on both outer sides of the facility, the building needs boosters, which will probably never happen! All in all, it's a fine for overnight, but I wouldn't waste my time with extended an extended stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family