“Great location and friendly staff”

Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on the way home, beds were great very comfy. The desk clerk was very helpful while checking us in. Rooms are large and clean. As for the traffic noise from the freeway, yes you can hear it but it is not that bad. I am a light sleeper and it didn't wake me up at all. The one thing I wished they did have was better curtains in the room as the ones they had did not keep out any light. Other then that it was great and I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Twin View Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, nice to be right off I-5. The person who checked me in was exceptionally nice and helpful.

I was a little reluctant to stay hear because of the reviews relating to freeway noise. I didn't find noise from I-5 to be a problem at all. I did hear noise twice at night from trucks on Caterpillar Rd directly behind the hotel, but it was nothing that would make me avoid this hotel.

I would certainly stay here again...Location, location, location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Having stayed in Redding previously without reservations, & liking Best Western's style, we made advance reservations. Staff were excellent. Only drawback was some outside noise. Otherwise, very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The wife and I called in advance, booked a first floor handicap room with 2 beds, and one adjoining room for my 2 sons. My sister in law must use a cart to move around. We were here for a family funeral. Upon arrival, we were issued a two bed room, with no handicap setup. When I brought this up, there were no handicap 2 bed rooms available on the first floor. And no adjoining would be available either. Door key card lock was faulty, repair to be finished later, sometime. Breakfast was good, they have adjoining pool, beds were fine to fair. Wireless Internet signal is very weak on both outer sides of the facility, the building needs boosters, which will probably never happen! All in all, it's a fine for overnight, but I wouldn't waste my time with extended an extended stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is in good condition, rooms are roomy and comfortable. Linens and towels were OK quality and in good condition. The bed was a bit hard but we slept well on it. The building and rooms were clean and friendly. Location is easy, right off I-5.

But the layout is challenging and the amenities are a bit short. For example, the facility is in two separate buildings, joined by a slightly sloping hallway. To get to our room by elevator (we had a lot of stuff as we were on a long motor trip) took us around the back, down two short halls (maybe 30' each) to the elevator, up one floor, down two medium length halls to get back to the building our room was in, then down about 100' to get to our room. No luggage cart was immediately available, and we were promised one would be brought. Seven trips later, we never saw the cart. Then, while the room had a frig, it had no ice capability to refreeze our ice chest bottles. Finally, the breakfast was so so. Yes, it was warm (not hot) and fairly comprehensive, but not what I've come to expect from dozens of BW visits around the world.

Would we stay again? If no better choice was available. In all fairness, we both had severe colds, so may be a bit more picky than normal.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor away from the freeway, and fairly close to the lobby. Otherwise you will get s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Al K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Easy access from Hwy 5. We didn't experience hwy noise but were disturbed by folks on loud motorcycles on the one night we were there.
We were on the upper floor in the one bedroom suite with 2 queens and 1 king bed. The 2 queen beds are outside (No privacy but separated from main seating). One bathroom but there's an additional sink outside - very convinient. There's a small separate seating area.
Bedding was comfortable. Some of the drawers in the bedroom seemed broken - were missing knobs. We didn;t try to use them because we were there only for a night.

Breakfast was the normal fare of toast, boiled eggs etc. Nothing special. They kept running out - the lady was trying hard but was having a tough time keeping up. The breakfast seating area is very small and got full real fast. Was chaotic with so many folks trying to get breakfast done before the 9:30 hr.

TV picture quality was very bad of most of the channels. Didn't use the pool or fitness center.
Didn't realize this was a pet friendly place till a lab coming out of the elevator came too close for comfort.

Liked the bottled water near the front desk. Good for a one night stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingParty2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first stay at this Best Western and I will give it some wiggle room as it was Memorial Day weekend and the placed was packed. The staff seemed overwhelmed. The breakfast room was small and it was an obvious problem for the staff to keep up with cleaning, stocking and cooking for a full house. Perhaps on a regular weekend all flows more smoothly. The room was clean, the bathtub sqeaky underfoot when taking a shower and there is a moderate level of truck noise during the day hours due to the location near a freeway on ramp to one side and a shipping area to the other. I am usually very satisfied with Best Western Plus hotels, but this one was a disappointment on this particular weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family