“Not that quiet ...”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Victoria, Canada
“Not that quiet ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We expected some traffic noise from the I-5 nearby, but what surprised us was the noise in the morning from the commuters with Harleys and big trucks along Twin View Blvd and Caterpillar Rd. That's because the hotel is in a sort of industrial area. It did make it fairly quiet at night, though. The staff was very friendly and helpful as is typcial at Best Western. Yes, there was a pool and hot tub but the latter had a build-up of algae. Didn't realize it until after I had sat in it! And the business room was mysteriously locked both times I went to use it, although the staff member cheerfully opened it when asked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Best Western Plus Twin View for a weekend visit to Redding. Emily the girl at the front desk was very helpful and offered us delicious chocolate chip cookies. My kids loved them and went back later in the evening for some more and the next day. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but the breakfast was the best. So many choices it was hard to decide. The breakfast girl was very helpful and cleaned a table for us right before we set down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ROHNERT PARK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I found that I was going to arrive late so I called the hotel, I gave my name and told the clerk that I would be late, She (Lisa) said no problem I have your room already so don't worry. When I arrived at the hotel, She asked if I needed any thing, would I care for a cup of coffee, Made my long trip just seem to go away. I was there for 2 days, and every one either went out of their way or they were fantastic employees to make sure that I was made comfortable or had whatever I needed. The rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable, breakfast was great. I am on the road over 21/2 weeks a month, and I really hope that they send me back to Redding so I can stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: They gave me the North end as it is all by its self and they are quieter, as they are away from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We found this to be a very pleasant stay. It is on the north end of town and easy to find and quiet. Check in was easy and the staff helpful. The room was clean, bed comfortable. There were ample choices at breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NanGS_10
Reno, Nevada, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is our second stay at the same B/W in Redding. It is a convenient location and great facility. we usually stay in Redding only one night as we pass through to ogher parts of California. We will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank John P
northern ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. My husband & I have stayed here many times and have never had an unpleasant stay. Rooms are always clean & comfy. Ask to stay on the lobby side as this is the side away from the freeway, North side is the quietest. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is this is a property surrounded by busy streets on 2 sides and freeway on the backside. But for a stop on your way this is the place in Redding to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lobby side, North end are the quietest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business